Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice on eagle badge please

Article about: Morning all, can any of you please confirm these are both genuine badges? Both are marked. The darker badge has a straight swastika as opposed to the usual slanted one. Many thanks in advanc

?

Default Advice on eagle badge please

Morning all, can any of you please confirm these are both genuine badges? Both are marked. The darker badge has a straight swastika as opposed to the usual slanted one.

Many thanks in advance

Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice on eagle badge please   Advice on eagle badge please  

Advice on eagle badge please   Advice on eagle badge please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice on eagle badge please
    P
    Many

Hard to tell without any indication of scale but I have the impression that they are quite small and I think they may be from collar tabs. The first from a political leaders uniform the other from the Luftschutz.

They both look genuine but I am not an expert so wait for other opinions.

In the meantime you could give an indication of scale and identify the maker RZM code on the first badge which is half covered by the prong. M1 is for metal badges and 77 as seen on the 2nd badge is for Foerster & Barth of Pforzheim (also L/21).

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-29-2018 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi Mark. Recklessly I have bought them blind online, so these are the only pics I have until I receive them. The seller told me that the lighter one is 6.6cm wide and the darker smaller one is 4cm wide. He believes them to be SS cap badges.

Any further info will be gratefully received.

Thank you

Al

CBH
    ?

Mark is correct, they aren't SS in any way but thats what sells the best. So many non-SS items are labeled as such.
    Welcome to the Forum.

?

Thank you CBH. Any ideas what they might be? I can make out the RZM marks just and partial codes.

Many thanks

Al

CBH
    ?

As Mark said, it's hard to tell with the first one as to the size, is unknown.
    The canted eagle is from a NSDAP Political Leaders collar 4th pattern, it has lost it's gold-wash finish.

?

Sizes in my post above. Thanks for the info on the gold one.

CBH
    ?

The second eagle shown is the Leaders one, the first I'm not sure of.
    Could be a late pattern cap eagle.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Could be a late pattern cap eagle.
    Yep, the size now known seems to put it in that area. What puzzled me is the fixing tabs on the actual edge of the badge. There clearly are two missing from the edge of the wreath circlet which seems to suggest fixing against a flat, firm surface of a greater area than the badge itself. That made me think of something like a kepi rather than a visor cap once the size ruled out a collar tab?

I am sure I have seen this type of fixing on a larger badge before but not being really a uniform buff in terms of insignia, I just can't place it. However, I am certain we have several members who will "peg" this without a moments hesitation "Patience young Skywalker"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you Mark.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast