Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Anhalt Arbeitsdienst Ehrenzeichen

Article about: Another couple of bit obscure badges. Fresh after a new coat of renwax and ready to pose for photos. cheers Matt

HPL2008: many, many thanks and so quick.
    You're the number 1 with such translations for the benefit of other WRF-members!
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    HPL2008: many, many thanks and so quick.
    You're the number 1 with such translations for the benefit of other WRF-members!
    I agree with all you say. We are fortunate to have him as a contributing member here.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Then it is safe to assume that Mattew has the gold and silver versions? Since there was a bronze and not a steel.

Hummel
    "Currently looking for period items relating to the German city of Amberg."

My thanks for period materials and translation as well.
    It would seem that the previous claim and belief that those awards were presented in gold, silver and steel classes was in fact incorrect. Thanks to Wim and Andreas we now can be certain that the lowest class was in fact BRONZE.
    Gentlemen, once again- my hat is off.

cheers

Matt

Typed at the same time. Yes, it would be in fact silver grade badge. I must say that I have yet to come across its bronze counterpart. Anyone seen one?

cheers

Matt

I knew I had the original orders from the Amtsblatt für Anhalt (Anhaltischer Staatsanzeiger)
    from 1935, page 249 (a); (b) was from 1935, page 304. Took a while until I found the stuff!

a) shows the actual order as published July 31, 1935;
    b) shows an additional order from October 25, 1935 in relation to the badges with the year 1932.

A)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAD-1 img855.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	826925

B)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAD-2 img856.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	826926

Thanks again, Wim!

For the benefit of the non-German speakers:

The actual text of the statutes of 31 July 1935 is the same as already seen in post # 9 (except for the section numbers, heading, place/date and the issuing institution/signee). The additional rules of 25 October 1935 translate as:

"Award of the Anhaltinian Labor Service Commemorative Badge with the number 1932.

In execution of section I paragraph 2 of the statutes of the Anhaltinian Labor Service Commemorative Badge of 31 July 1935 (Gazette pg. 249), the following is announced:

1. The Anhaltinian Labor Service Commerative Badge with the number 1932 is awarded to all those who had already been members of the Anhaltinian State Labor Service for Men in the year of 1932, who had conducted themselves well and who had left it in proper form. Membership of the Anhaltinian State Labor Service must have lasted for at least 20 weeks.

2. Applications for the bestowal of the Anhaltinian Labor Service Commemorative Badge with the number 1932 are to be submitted to
    Arbeitsgau 13 at Dessau-Ziebigk from where they shall be forwarded to the undersigned State Ministry.

3. Those who had already been awarded the Commemorative Badge without the year are to include the award document and the Commemorative Badge with their application.

4. Those who have lost their previously-awarded Commemorative Badge and who are thus only able to submit the award document shall receive the Commemorative Badge with the year 1932 only against payment of the cost price.

Dessau, 25 October 1935.

Anhaltinian State Ministry,
    Department of General State Administration.
    Freyberg
    "

It is interesting to note that the badge was instituted in 1933, whereas the statutes date from 1935. Apparently they replaced earlier regulations.

Also, the text of the rules for the "1932" badge would seem to imply that this version of the badge was only created in 1935, whereas the original badge as created in 1933 was only awarded in the version without the year.

Also, note that no mention is made of the requirements for the different classes of the badge.

HPL2008: many thanks and so quick. Like the speed of light.
    Your translation came in the time I drank my coffee!!

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Your translation came in the time I drank my coffee!!
    Only because I just had mine, which always does wonders for my brain function.

My sincerest gratitude and appreciation to Andreas and Wilhelm for their priceless contributions...This has developed into a very educational thread, as I had hoped it would....!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast