Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Any idea on this stick pin?

Article about: Anyone know who would have worn this? Cheers Nick

Default Any idea on this stick pin?

Anyone know who would have worn this?

Cheers

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 001.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	100553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 002.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	100560  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 003.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	100561  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Any idea on this stick pin?

A German
    Honestly Nick, never seen that one, although it's nice

Nick

There is a lapel badge which often seen for sale and invariably described as SA Reserve II. Why this design should be SA associated is quite beyond me, as actually, was there the need for an SA reserve force ? Did SA reservists actually exist ?

Regards,

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y-4042%20006.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	100571  
    Last edited by David North; 04-27-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks Guys, looks like I have a wingless one !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by David North View Post
    There is a lapel badge which often seen for sale and invariably described as SA Reserve II. Why this design should be SA associated is quite beyond me, as actually was the need for an SA reserve force ? Did SA reservists actually exist ?
    Definitely yes. SA-Reserve II was formed in late 1933 and consisted of older SA members over the age of 45 and the members of the Kyffhäuserbund and various other veterans'/traditons organizations.
    It was eventually integrated into the general SA organizational structure.

This one I find quite baffling, however I am eager to listen to all the possibilities. What I cannot understand and with all due respect to the various well esteemed publications is, what is this emblem for goodness sake ? A glass of Guinness with a swastika and sprouting wings ! Where is the SA association ? What is SA Reserve II and where is SA Reserve I or III ? I have never heard of this post 1933 association that the SA may have had with the various veteran associations. The formation of the SA-Wehrmannschaft yes, although that is a totally different subject.

Again, what is the emblematic significance of this exact emblem and where is the SA association ?

Regards,

David

publications is, what is this emblem for goodness sake ? A glass of Guinness with a swastika and sprouting wings !
    Good one I'd say this is an Imperial-era Tschako, something like this: http://www.phsb.eu/bilder/hut/imgh21.jpg

What is SA Reserve II and where is SA Reserve I or III ? I have never heard of this post 1933 association that the SA may have had with the various veteran associations.
    An SA-Reserve III did not exist. SA-Reserve I was made up of men aged 38 through 45 and mostly composed of the remaining membership of the Stahlhelmbund after the Wehrstahlhelm had been incorporated into the active SA.