Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Auction items, Is it good?

Article about: Hi Pat, The Field Police patch is as Adrian and Phill have both pointed out incorrectly placed. It also a replica patch. If one zooms in closely, the feathering pattern on the breast is wron

Default Auction items, Is it good?

Hello all,
    what do you think of these? Any good?
    The Auction doesent give alot of photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	571.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	253218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	561.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	253219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	562.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	253220

cheers,
    Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Auction items, Is it good?

I would pass on the flag looks done in a felt tip pin and material of flag looks wrong to me but I could be wrong too but this guy seems to have been every place..

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I'd have to agree with Eric on the flag Pat, looks a tad dodgy but hard to say from here.
    The first tunic appears to be Police and looks to button up off handed "female issue perhaps?" and the sleeve patch looks a little off line, and the Black one looks to be panzer related but i'd want alot more info B4 i parted with any coin, they are most likely repros.

Phill

Thanks for the help,
    I forgot to say that the last one is said to be a fireman tunic and the first one to be field police tunic.

cheers,
    Pat

i agree with the others the flag looks a bit dodgy no idea on the police but the fire one looks very bad not the correct style imo

tom

The flag itself Might...be okey? But, I totally agree with Eric...the guy who "signed" it seems to have been more places throughout the world than migrating geese. Extremely doubtful. Why would he have hauled a Nazi flag all over with him to sign? Or did he just like to travel alot and would come home from a trip and sign the country name on his flag? It makes no sense. A shame, as he may well have ruined a not so awful flag. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

just my 2 cents but after being all those places would you really have the same pen to use every time to sign it?

I actually see no problem with the flag or the places named. A British Veteran could easily have served in all those places.

The tunic is Fire Brigade.

The other Police tunic: the sleeve eagle is badly postitioned and that indicates it is replaced. Better pics needed. But it has promise. It buttons up correctly.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the help Ade,
    My uncle emailed the auction house thats having a big military auction in england. I dont think i will be getting anything but here is the link

Lacy Scott and Knight - Medals & Militaria

cheers,
    Pat

Hi Pat, I had a browse through the auction listings: the usual mixture of the good, the bad and the ugly...

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast