Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Badges any opinion

Article about: Trying to sort out items discouraged at first should not have started of with SS items? Thank you guys

Default Badges any opinion

Trying to sort out items discouraged at first should not have started of with SS items? Thank you guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Badges any opinion   Badges any opinion  

Badges any opinion   Badges any opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Badges any opinion
    P
    Many

?

Mate, you'll soon get shot down in flames about multiple items in a thread. It might take a while, but one item per thread is the way to go. It just avoids confusion.

Regards
    Brett

Not a problem I thought after last posting I might be pushing it was not sure of stipulations of posting thank you for advise

MAP
    ?

Brett is correct. Slow and steady.

Most of these look good. I have a few of these myself.

Not sure of the red round swastika pin.

And think that the eagle pin (EK Spange) is a fake. Would need much better photos. Picture quality is very very important. Let those with more knowledge opine
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

All the badges are good except the BERLIN Olympic enamelled pin and the 1st class spange

All the best
    Doug

Is the reason for fake on spange the terrible edges mostly around the year now I see poor quality of shape

Should it have marker marks looks all warped too?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Waffen1969 View Post
    Is the reason for fake on spange the terrible edges mostly around the year now I see poor quality of shape
    Quote by Waffen1969 View Post
    Should it have marker marks looks all warped too?
    I'm not a pro on these but this one is obviously a poor copy. Too many flaws.

The first thing is the reverse pin. This type of pin was used on low quality "tinnies", not awards worn daily on a tunic.

Second is the very "soft" details with poor definition. These were high quality awards.

Third item is the date. I have never seen a version with these wonky numbers.

Finally, it looks cast and not die struck.

Do a quick forum search on EK1 Spange or Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes. You will find many many examples to compare to.

And no, they were not all marked.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I look at it this way - pull out some coins, look at the detail on a simple nickel or dime and think about the quality you should expect on something made by an artisan 70+ years.
    In many cases ( not all because there ARE good fakes about) you will realise good from bad yourself.

Regards Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The enameled pin is fake, some nice tinnies though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast