Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Betriebsgemeinschaft Stuttgarter Strassenbahnen stick pin

Article about: can anyone please help my by translating the word betriebsgemeinschaft to english? i think the word gemeinschaft alone means community, organization or alliance. Stig

Default Betriebsgemeinschaft Stuttgarter Strassenbahnen stick pin

can anyone please help my by translating the word betriebsgemeinschaft to english?
    i think the word gemeinschaft alone means community, organization or alliance.
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Betriebsgemeinschaft Stuttgarter Strassenbahnen stick pin   Betriebsgemeinschaft Stuttgarter Strassenbahnen stick pin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Betriebsgemeinschaft Stuttgarter Strassenbahnen stick pin
    P
    Many

very nice stickpin.

thanx Harry. i am on the verge of getting a small, but nice stick pin collection.
    Stig

Stuttgarter Straßenbahnen are the tramways of Stuttgart.

Betrieb means company, firm, factory, works, operation etc.; Gemeinschaft means community, collective etc. In Nazi Germany, the entirety of all personnel of any enterprise, business etc. (including the manager/proprietor) was referred to as the Betriebsgemeinschaft. Given the Third Reich context and the presence of the DAF cogwheel logo, this is almost certainly the meaning here.

However, it should be noted that the term Betriebsgemeinschaft can also refer to a cooperative of several companies/institutions. (Often, but not exclusively, found in an agricultural context, with Betriebsgemeinschaften of several farms pooling their resources.)

How about "Business Community" ?

Tom

I did look for photos where such pin was worn. But no luck!!

Some other "Stuttgart" related stuff is shown here, as was
    published by me in the "Military Advisor" number 1 from
    winter 2003/2004.

I do agree with HPL2008: I would translate Betriebsgemeinschaft as company-community or such.
    As officially all personnel from the Stuttgarter Strassenbahnen AG was a member of the Deutsche
    Arbeitsfront
    , they were allowed to wear the special cogwheel insignia. A 100% membership was required.