Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bullion Railway Collar Tab???

Article about: For the experts here - I present this tab. Now, my experience is limited in this department, but I have never seen in period pictures a "bullion" tab. I have only seen the metal in

?

Default Bullion Railway Collar Tab???

For the experts here - I present this tab. Now, my experience is limited in this department, but I have never seen in period pictures a "bullion" tab. I have only seen the metal inlay. I have my opinion on this tab, but will gladly welcome and appreciate your opinions!! Thank You!! DUFFBullion Railway Collar Tab???Bullion Railway Collar Tab???Bullion Railway Collar Tab???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bullion Railway Collar Tab???
    P
    Many

An interesting tab. I also have never seen a tab like this hand embroidered. The weave is excellent and the buckram seems to show the proper natural age. I like it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree with Bob. If it is a fake, it has been beautifully made and perfectly aged. Myself, I would take it. I think it's good. It would drive me to distraction, however, trying to find it's Mate..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Looks ok to me. I love anything that is embroidered in bullion.

?

Like you Gents have described, these are my exact thoughts. I thank you for your insight and opinions! Always appreciated!! I own this tab, but got it according to what I thought could be possible. In hand, it's hard to say it's bad cause it's so well executed. However, I will continue to prove its good. Haha I will let the group know as I continue my research. Prost!! Duff

I would presume this pattern was worn only by very high ranks. The expense would likely have been too much for the average Reichsbahn worker.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

With the uniform-regulation from July 18, 1935 (55.500 Uskd/RAD B Zg 31) this type of
    collar-patch was introduced, to be worn in metal or embroidered. There was no restriction
    for rank (pay-groups). The old forms as from May 9, 1924 had to be replaced. Officially
    there should only be piping at three sides. The collar-patch existed in a long and smaller
    form. With an order from June 18, 1936 (55.565 Uskd/RAB V Zgs 3) it was noted the
    collar-patches should have the small form only, but now with all sides piped.

With a new regulation from July 1, 1937 the embroidered form was no longer included!
    And so the shown collar-patch must be from 1936/1937. In this form it was only worn
    quite shortly! The quality is excellent and so I would say worn possibly by a person who
    could afford it.

Often it is difficult to see if the symbol is from metal or embroidered. This person may
    wear the embroidered form:

Bullion Railway Collar Tab???
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 07-21-2016 at 10:29 AM.

In an addendum to cataloque number 46 from the concern Clemens Wagner
    from Braunschweig, the new uniform regulation from July 1935 for the Reichsbahn-
    uniform was especially dealt with.

Page 24 mentions the embroidered collar-patches for the open, as well as the
    closed tunic. The larger form (grosser Spiegel) was said to be 3.0 x 8.0 cm; the
    smaller version (kleiner Spiegel) as 3.0 x 7.0 cm. Here the form with piping along
    three sides was mentioned. Collar-patches not having any piping also were available.

?

Again - the super stars here pull through with fantastic information! I thank you greatly for the comments on this piece! Wilhelm - It's for my Father, who also now has a copy of your book! I finally found something he likes to collect - Railway items..... Of course he has a good collection, but these items he has are from his father (my grandpa) and not necessarily "his own." Again - Thank you Gents!!