Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Camp armband fake?

Article about: I bought this about six years ago and stuck it away. Cleaning some stuff up today and found it again. after some searching and reading I'm thinking its fake. The stamp and construction are m

?

Default Camp armband fake?

I bought this about six years ago and stuck it away. Cleaning some stuff up today and found it again. after some searching and reading I'm thinking its fake. The stamp and construction are my red flags. what do you guys think? Thank you for any help Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camp armband fake?   Camp armband fake?  

Camp armband fake?   Camp armband fake?  

Camp armband fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camp armband fake?
    P
    Many

I'd bet this item would glow underneath a black light. They add the wear(dirt) to cover this. Nonetheless, you're correct, it's a fake.

No question that it is a blatant fake.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks guys for the advice. funny thing is it doesn't glow under a black light that was the only thing throwing me off. Gary

The black light test has long been obsolete as a definitive method of determining a fake. The fraudsters long ago learned how to treat new material with chemicals to eradicate the glow.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks again Bob I've also heard that they take period bed sheets and use them . Well this armband is going in the trash. Thanks again for your help . Gary

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Thanks guys for the advice. funny thing is it doesn't glow under a black light that was the only thing throwing me off. Gary
    I've seen many of these that didn't glow, hidden by the dirt or chemicals such as Mr. Coleman has already pointed out. The blacklight is only a tool but it's not without it's many faults.
    The design, stamp and faux wear on your armband are exactly what one would expect to find with the many fake examples of this kind: it's frustrating, I know. Sadly, they're in collections, including mine, and museums around the world.

I don't know much about these other than that an entire industry exists reproducing KZ-Memorabilia...
    However, whoever put this one together put some thought into it...The black triangle denotes "Asozial" (Anti-social elements, drunks, "Work-Shy" etc), the stamp reads Kantinenhelfer/Canteen Assistant...A "Trusty-Inmate" assigned to work in the camp Kantine...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    the stamp reads Kantinenhelfer/Canteen Assistant...A "Trusty-Inmate" assigned to work in the camp Kantine...
    Not that it matters, as the armband is bogus without doubt, but... it looks like "Kommandantur" to me.