Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anyone please tell me what the proper pin set up is

Article about: Could anyone please tell me the proper pin and catch on pins do not know what is meant by the improper coffin pin set up any info would be very grateful for many thanks

Default Can anyone please tell me what the proper pin set up is

Could anyone please tell me the proper pin and catch on pins do not know what is meant by the improper coffin pin set up any info would be very grateful for many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can anyone please tell me what the proper pin set up is
    P
    Many

Quote by Waffen1969 View Post
    Could anyone please tell me the proper pin and catch on pins do not know what is meant by the improper coffin pin set up any info would be very grateful for many thanks
    Sorry mate, maybe I am a little dull but I just don't understand the question here!

What pins and catches on which item are you asking about?

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It was already explained on this thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...pin-ss-641428/

It refers to the plate that affixes the pin assembly to the badge. If it is "coffin-shaped" (as the one on the badge whose picture you had removed, rendering said thread useless) the respective badge is a post-war forgery, as this type of plate was never used during the Third Reich era.

However, It is not possible to make a universal statement on which type of pin assembly/catch is correct, as there were countless variants.

Which one is correct depends on the given badge, manufacturer, period etc.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It was already explained on this thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...pin-ss-641428/

It refers to the plate that affixes the pin assembly to the badge. If it is "coffin-shaped" (as the one on the badge whose picture you had removed, rendering said thread useless) the respective badge is a post-war forgery, as this type of plate was never used during the Third Reich era.

However, It is not possible to make a universal statement on which type of pin assembly/catch is correct, as there were countless variants.

Which one is correct depends on the given badge, manufacturer, period etc.
    Thank you Andreas I didn't make the connection as it appeared to be a "stand alone" thread

Knowing of the connected thread the question makes sense and as usual you have answered it well

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-26-2016 at 10:42 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Sorry to say but the photos have been reposted I was unclear what it still meant sorry for the trouble but I was not clear on mostly member pins in hindsight coffin shape is a unclear word to me in itself I am trying to utilize this forum properly but even though I was direptresptful as from the get go it seems I can not do anything right I am trying to learn I am sorry about my lack of learning as many of you have obtained please do not post that I am whining as before but would I be fair if I had a starting point I have to start somewhere I am in process In attaining reference books as instructed my lack of knowledge in all fairness should not be my downfall no disrept implied I wish I was advanced as others but I am not again the photos where reposted as here they are again if my actions at my beginning off membership which I am very sorry for will follow me through out my time people let me know as I would not what to agrivate members I will stay off forum at my loss as I am thinking of other members and there time. I was out of line what more can I say example of wrong things I done since thinking I was in good graces 1 pictures sideways 2 to many items in photo3 poor lighting 4 too vague I was not familiar with features but I figured those out I am not in no way Bill Gates I backed off posting in all fairness I was wrong again I am just a young kid who likes this hobbie and what to do the right things I am not trying to make excuses but a little understand would be most grateful for I am not going to quit on collecting so if desired keep the hits coming Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone please tell me what the proper pin set up is   Can anyone please tell me what the proper pin set up is  

Watchdog. Sorry sir I never implied you are dull where you get that from as a matter of fact I respect you knowledge the fact is my post was not complex enough so I take I am the dumb one.Thought my bad start moved on smart enough to know I am sadly mistaken. Best of luck on your collection Kevin

For proper setup on Party badges, look here. Go through this thread below:
    The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

You must look on many examples. I think that I've done a pretty good job just by looking,then looking again and again....and again...
    Buy a cheap original and sit home with a cup of coffee and compare to fakes here on the forum.
    I have of course asked a lot of questions here

As HPL said, there is no universal statement here.

Always stay away from that SS pin To me, that setup on your picture is a coffin pin.

First a coffin shaped fake. Below: my M1/92 Party badge.

Thank you for your advise and understanding best of luck in you indevers Kevin

Now I know what you mean by coffin shape the way it is mounted to the badge itself I though people meant by the catch where the pin tip ends after all to a novice pin point catching might be misconstrued as a coffin shape to someone learning. Thank you because you saved me money as a matter of fact I was going to local shop today and would have got another fake. thumbs up to you for you patience and understanding
    Last edited by Waffen1969; 05-26-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast