Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted

Article about: Hey Guys, Ive had this for a while now. Got it in a lot of metal insigs. Never really gave it much thought or attention, but now I cannot make a proper ID. It does not seem to match Reichskr

?

Default Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted

Hey Guys, Ive had this for a while now. Got it in a lot of metal insigs. Never really gave it much thought or attention, but now I cannot make a proper ID. It does not seem to match Reichskriegerbund visor cap eagles or NSKRB cap eagles.
    Note that the swords are Behind the wings, as most eagles I have encountered have the swords blade in front of the wings in full veiw. The lot had everything from Pith shields, SA/SS eagle to a NSKOV wreath, plus a few more random insigs. But I would like to put a name to this if possible. It seems to have some sort of white coating on it and is also chrome/shiny in some areas. Marked Ges Gesch

Thanks for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted   Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted

Hi, it's a nice Reichskriegerbund cap badge (NS-RKB) 1st type. Here's my breast badge to compare.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted  

The one you're used to is the 2nd type, as shown below.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted  

?

Tom, so it IS a RK Eagle! I wonder why I couldnt find the 1st type cap eagle in my searches. Like you said, I am used to seeing the 2nd type and had never seen this 1st type before at all. So your breast version has a pin setup on the reverse Im guessing? Thanks alot for the help and pics. I must say I like the looks of this eagle, and it is not that small in size either!

ps. you have some nice eagles there

Bill, both eagles I showed are breast eagles. I,m actually still after cap eagles (both types) Here's a marine veterans one as well. Photo does not properly show the gold colouring.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted   Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted  

Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted  

You can see the colour much better in this photo.
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Cap Eagle ID opinions wanted 

?

Wow Tom, I really like the Marine version. Those breast eagles must be huge. Even The cap eagles are much larger than a regular army/heer cap eagle, so I could only imagine. You have nice collection going there.

?

Hey Tom, Ive been lookin around and found Klaus Butschek has one for sale, but he labels it as a silver "Marinebund" cap eagle??? I obviously believe your knowledge over a dealers, but I figured I would ask anyway. I think he has them wrong, as the one he shows is Silver (and exactly like mine) and not gold like yours. Any input? thanks
    Heres the link: Klaus Butschek - german militaria - NS-Marinebund cap eagle in silver

?

I have also found some that look exactly the same that are on Soldatenbund visors too. Im all confused now. haha. Again, any help would be great. But for now, I am taking your ID as the proper one...as a Reichskreigerbund 1st type. thanks and sorry to be a PITA!

See, Collectors Guild labels YOUR breast eagle as a "Soldatenbund" Breast eagle too. I dunno?
    The Collector's Guild

?

heres the liner of a soldatenbund visor cap I found. Im just trying to learn, so any opinions would be great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast