Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

City of Munich cased faithful service medal

Article about: the case is in perfect condition and the medal is kinda nice. i am trying to get a SMALL collection of cased medals : ) my goal is to one day have a cased NSDAP 10 year long service medal (w

Default City of Munich cased faithful service medal

the case is in perfect condition and the medal is kinda nice.
    i am trying to get a SMALL collection of cased medals : )
    my goal is to one day have a cased NSDAP 10 year long service medal (which is in my price range).
    i have seen pictures of it on this forum and " i like" : )
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture City of Munich cased faithful service medal   City of Munich cased faithful service medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement City of Munich cased faithful service medal
    P
    Many

I can't comment on its authenticity, though nothing stands out to me as being wrong with it. I really like this medal and hadn't seen one before. Makes me want one now.

very nice medal I like it .

Unfortunately, and I could be wrong, of course, but I have to say that my initial impression of it is that I don't care for it. The letter font disturbingly reminds me of the fake ink document stamps that we've been seeing and the figure on it looks to be very poorly done and executed. The case, too, looks Very new and the cloth covering the hinge looks almost Modern in appearance. This is not a medal that I would want to invest any decent money in to.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

OK...I will weigh in on this one.

First is the case...it looks like the fake ones that were made in the UK for the West Wall Medal. Same cloth materials and case closure.

I have attached images of this (not this one exactly) coin/medallion. We sold this a few months back. I regret that I did not take pics of the rim as it had the artists name in it. The one I post has definitely "been there"...the high points have been worn down on.

Just my .02 cents worth. I do not collect coins/medallions but I have handled quite a few through my shop.

Chrys

i saw one that was sold at germanwarbooty.com with a makers mark C (i think) on the side and different figure and eagle than mine. i have written to the seller to ask for a refund. thanx for taking the time to look at this!
    Stig

Wonderfully executed plaque by Bayerische Hauptmunzamt in its original case IMO. Same as the second example posted although in slightly better condition. The case is visibly different from the reproduction West Wall medal boxes unless we're talking about two distinctively different reproductions here, in which case I would welcome a picture to add to my files. Picture of the known (to me) reproduction case below for reference.

Also, the reason the medal features different eagle and figure from the one you're looking at on Germanwarbooty.com Stig is rather simple: you're looking at a different medal.

cheers

Matt

Perhaps you are right...as I said this was only my opinion.

I hate to disagree, but when looking at the cloth in the top of the case-particularly the cloth covering the hinge-under high magnification, it simply looks way too Modern for my taste. That, and as I said, the figure looks distorted-almost dwarf-like, and the lettering does not look period to my eyes. It may possibly Be genuine, but regardless, it would not be for my collection.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."