Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

DAF Badge

Article about: I have this rather large (2inch) DAF badge cut out steel, silver in color, smooth finish, with two screw mounting posts. I'm assuming its a hat badge, any help would be greatly appreciated.

bmcdr
    ?

Default DAF Badge

I have this rather large (2inch) DAF badge cut out steel, silver in color, smooth finish, with two screw mounting posts. I'm assuming its a hat badge, any help would be greatly appreciated.DAF BadgeDAF Badge

2. # ADS

Welcome to the Forum. This is not a hat badge but a decoration used on plaques and doors.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

bmcdr
    ?

Thanks Bob.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. This is not a hat badge but a decoration used on plaques and doors.
    Yep, I agree. Apart from not actually being a known cap badge design this is far too big and being steel (I guess you have checked to see if it is magnetic?), too heavy for a cap badge. This would have been on anything from a wall/door plaque to a table decoration or piece of desk furniture. It would be interesting to know what though! I 2nd the welcome too!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I am not that good with inches. What is the diameter in cm's?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I am not that good with inches. What is the diameter in cm's?
    It is actually about 48mm Wim from top of cog to top of cog.

It could be off the front of a photo album

All the best
    Doug

Quote by Saladin View Post
    It is actually about 48mm Wim from top of cog to top of cog.

It could be off the front of a photo album

All the best
    Doug
    As a general rule of "thumb" I find the easiest way to remember a rough conversion is that 2 inches (2") is about 5cm, 20" is half a meter and 40" (actually 39.3700787) is a meter.. It works pretty well up to this point when considering badges, medals and personal or man-portable equipment but obviously gets more inaccurate as you go.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."