MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

DAF Banner & Mess Kit Questions

Article about: i recently came into possession of 2 WW2 items, 1 is a 12 ft by 5 ft DAF Banner single sided with no location patch and a mess kit which is missing the spoon, im wondering what the differenc

livndeadgrl
    ?

Default DAF Banner & Mess Kit Questions

i recently came into possession of 2 WW2 items, 1 is a 12 ft by 5 ft DAF Banner single sided with no location patch and a mess kit which is missing the spoon, im wondering what the difference is between the 2 kinds of DAF symbols i see this kind all over the black cog wheel whith white outline, but mine is on a white disk with no white outline
    why were there 2 versions, and why does one seem more common than the other, i was told that neither was really worth much either way due to the size but i was told that the 2 items belonged to 1 person and has stayed together all this time, so should i sell them as a set even though i have no idea who they would have belonged to?
    the item that was with is a mess kit that im pretty sure is missing the spoon, id like to know what the id number can tell, maybe the year or place it was made? any info or help would be greatly appreciated thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAF Banner & Mess Kit Questions   DAF Banner & Mess Kit Questions  

DAF Banner & Mess Kit Questions   DAF Banner & Mess Kit Questions  

Attached Images Attached Images DAF Banner & Mess Kit Questions 
    Last edited by livndeadgrl; 06-24-2010 at 02:39 PM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: DAF Banner & Mess Kit Questions

Welcome to the forum!

The mess kit set is indeed missing the spoon. A complete example would be worth about £45 here in the UK. The stamps are the makers initials and production date of 1941.

DAF is not really my subject. But it would not hurt to sell them separatly as there is no real history behind them.

Cheers, Ade.

livndeadgrl
    ?

Default Re: DAF Banner & Mess Kit Questions

ok well thats more than i knew before thanks so much