Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Day of the armed forces tinnies

Article about: Hello Here few tinnies from my collection

Default Day of the armed forces tinnies

Hello
    Here few tinnies from my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Day of the armed forces tinnies   Day of the armed forces tinnies  

Day of the armed forces tinnies   Day of the armed forces tinnies  

Attached Images Attached Images Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Day of the armed forces tinnies
    P
    Many

Default Re: Day of the armed forces tinnies

Absolutely beautiful tinnies! These are so difficult to find down here. Only have one or two WHW items. If you have more, please show.
    Tom

and more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Day of the armed forces tinnies   Day of the armed forces tinnies  

Attached Images Attached Images Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies 

and more as said only smaller part
    Attached Images Attached Images Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies  Day of the armed forces tinnies 

very impressive collection but how do you store/display 4000 tinnies?

Very nice Tag der Wehrmacht collection I have a lot of TdW items as well, I'll make a thread soon.

Your five rhombus shaped cardboard items in post #3 are Gau 41 (Wien) WHW donation badges, released on 18/19. März 1939, Tieste numbers 053-057.
    Last edited by Troy Tempest; 01-22-2012 at 10:51 AM.

In post #4, images 1,3,4 and 5 are also Austrian WHW Tag der Wehrmacht donation badges, also distributed on 18/19. März 1939, Tieste numbers 702,703,706 and 704 respectively.

Gday Troy,
    Mate what reference guide do you use to identify the distribution date's,Tieste numbers,makers etc.
    I'm getting a decent WHW collection together and am seeking a quality guide to reference them with.
    Have the full 10 piece Police Day 1939 road sign set on it's way to OZ at present.Will post it and my others when they arrive (late this week I feel).
    Cheers mate.

Reinhard Tieste is the acknowledged WHW/Tinnie experten publisher. I have 10 of his reference books, and they're not that expensive considering what you get. To buy all these you'd probably be looking at spending around 300 euros. I would recommend the RSS issue first and foremost, usually around 25-30 euros plus postage (which to Australia is the killer). Then it's up to you where you want to branch out into after that, but most of the WHW items you see for sale are found first in the RSS edition, then usually the Gau/DJH/VDA editions. Unfortunately, there is no published edition dealing with Gauen 41-47 at the moment, but I do have printed copies of the Tieste numbers for those Gauen. There are thousands of items in the Gau books, I doubt anyone could collect all of them, but you'd have more luck doing that than trying to collect all the tinnies.

Tinnies are obviously in the two volume set (they show 12,500 tinnies in these editions), they are a great pair to own. You will NEVER collect the whole set, so collecting tinnies is a hobby that never ends! Especially so, as the next editions, which are due in 2014, may have 15,000 or so listed. Mr Tieste told me he may also do a separate volume dealing with pre-1930 tinnies, so that will add who knows how many. Even though there are some pre-1930 tinnies listed in the two books, maybe 99% are 1930-1945. I am hardly a huge collector, but I already have nearly 100 pre-1930 tinnies, my earliest is an 1877 piece. Do you mind if I ask you what you paid for your traffic sign set? And did you know there were TWO different sets released years apart?

Tinnies A-K

Tinnies L-Z

WHW-RSS

WHW-DJH/DRK etc

WHW-VDA

WHW-Gauen 1-10

WHW-Gauen 11-20

WHW Gauen 21-30

WHW-Gauen 31-40

WHW-Türplaketten

PS - You will notice that all the books apart from the large Türplaketten edition, and the first Gauen book, are authored by Reinhard Tieste. The RSS book shows most of the Türplaketten distrubuted during 1930-1945, but the stand-alone Türplaketten book has more, and is very thorough, although you don't need it unless you are going to be a very keen Türplaketten collector. I only bought it because I wanted to own all his works. This one is the last one I would recommend you buy, if you were going to buy all of his books.

The first Gauen book was published by Reinhard Tieste, but writted by Holger Rosenberg, who had also written some other books on the WHW, before Tieste exploded onto the field, eventually completely dominating the topic. However, it contains some mistakes, and Mr Tieste told me he hopes to re-publish a new Gauen 1-10 edition sometime in the future. Judging by his glacial publishing schedule, which considering the depth of the field he covers is understandable, don't hold your breath waiting for a revised Gauen 1-10.
    Last edited by Troy Tempest; 01-22-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast