Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands

Article about: I completely understand. I wouldn't either. I just got a heer ss France volunteer shield. It's a different varient then I'm use to seening but without proof it's a reproduction I can't trash

Default Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands

Just thought I'd show my latest DRK armbands, one being a "stone-mint" example and the other an interesting variant with Swastika...I'm beginning to take an interest in DRK items and will be adding more as I like to create small groupings of the different organizations...cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands  Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands 
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-14-2012 at 03:16 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands

Nice examples. This is the first time I have seen the type with the swastika.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Me too ! Any chance of more pictures of that one please Glenn

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Swastika one appears to be hand made. Almost certainly has to be quite rare-how many were saved by the nurses when they went home in a defeated nation? Very Nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

From what i've been told the DRK armbands never made any style that had a swastika on it. I've also never seen this style in any books but I could be wrong. I myself had a DRK phase and saw these armbands for sale on ioffer. After looking through books and period photographs I was unable to find any armbands of the DRK with a swastika on it. Only the cross with DRK around it and just the cross alone which sometimes had a stamp somewhere on the armband. If you find any photographs depicting this armband please let me know! Also, once again, if I am wrong I do apologize.

Here are some close-ups...I picked up this variant in Vienna,..Appears machine embroidered, but it's a real one...Perhaps a Medical Armband for one of the Party Formations, and not necessarily DRK proper....Cheers,Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands  Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands  Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Armbands 

How do you know it's original?

My friend does house-cleanouts and found this in a woman's purse in a house near Vienna...(I grew up over there btw). I've seen red cross armbands with the DJ Rune before, and I believe that this came from one of the party formations rather than DRK itself. But I assure you it's a good one, just a variant...Experience tells me that it's just a matter of time before I see another one in a photo, also passes the blacklight test...I'll hang on to it until I know more about it as well....Cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Oh ok. I've just been told that there's a reason they never put the swastika inside the red cross symbol. Working on the answer of why not. However, hope you are right. I did find a varient of this style, it was a reproduction from the 50's but slightly different. Good luck with it, if you find any hard evidence it's an original please let me know. Thanks
    C.S

I'm always on the lookout for new information, just not quite ready to trash it yet. Glenn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast