Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does anybody know what kind of uniform this is?

Article about: Can you tell me - is this a postal worker, or a delivery man, or what? That is quite an Eagle on his cap!

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Does anybody know what kind of uniform this is?

Can you tell me - is this a postal worker, or a delivery man, or what? That is quite an Eagle on his cap!
    Attached Images Attached Images Does anybody know what kind of uniform this is? 

2. # ADS

Default Re: Does anybody know what kind of uniform this is?

With the satchel, my first reaction would be early Reichspost. However, it is my understanding the German Postal Service during the Imperial, Weimar, TR, DDR and BRD always wore a visor cap, Schiffchen, and maybe a Skimutze. I have never seen a Kepi, but it is possible.

My other guess would be private railways or Streetcar Conductor (Tram). My guess is this pic is from 1935 at the earliest. Tough one.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    With the satchel, my first reaction would be early Reichspost. However, it is my understanding the German Postal Service during the Imperial, Weimar, TR, DDR and BRD always wore a visor cap, Schiffchen, and maybe a Skimutze. I have never seen a Kepi, but it is possible.

My other guess would be private railways or Streetcar Conductor (Tram). My guess is this pic is from 1935 at the earliest. Tough one.
    But what about the large Eagle on his kepi? That seems kind of excessive for a street car conductor, don't you think? Or am I wrong?

It is very difficult to determine anything from the lack of resolution in this picture. can you blow up the area of this photo which shows the cap. whatever it is, the insignia does not appear to me to be out of proportion with any other cap eagle.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob

Here you go:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anybody know what kind of uniform this is?  

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It is very difficult to determine anything from the lack of resolution in this picture. can you blow up the area of this photo which shows the cap. whatever it is, the insignia does not appear to me to be out of proportion with any other cap eagle.
    I tried to blow it up- but no luck. Maybe I will try a stick of dynamite. Seriously, I am not that good with computers to do anything with it. I cropped the head, but all I ended up with was just a head the same size as before.

My thoughts are conjecture only. The eagle appears to be the generic pattern worn by various civil organizations. The dark color of the uniform does conform with a dark blue worn by the postal workers. The cap is the oddity. Possibly, this is a transition uniform of a postal worker in Austria or another area adjacent to the Reich that was under the control of Berlin.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks for the help, guys.

Hi Bob, I wish I could help on the id for this one, but I don't know either.

What I can do is show a generic postal workers eagle from my collection as mentioned by Bob.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anybody know what kind of uniform this is?  

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    My thoughts are conjecture only. The eagle appears to be the generic pattern worn by various civil organizations. The dark color of the uniform does conform with a dark blue worn by the postal workers. The cap is the oddity. Possibly, this is a transition uniform of a postal worker in Austria or another area adjacent to the Reich that was under the control of Berlin.
    I associate myself with the Austrian thesis here. The cap looks like a KuK style of kepi which has gotten its Hoheitszeichen, which was also likely in use in the Staendestaat, ie. the Dollfuss/Schuschnigg state.

Someone else can find us examples of Austria uniforms prior to March 1938.

The Jaeger images in the Life digital files have many views of the Anschluss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast