Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

DRB Collar tab

Article about: New arrival today, a neat Reichsbahn collar tab. One question, how are these graded? By rank or pay grade? Tom

Default DRB Collar tab

New arrival today, a neat Reichsbahn collar tab. One question, how are these graded? By rank or pay grade?
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRB Collar tab   DRB Collar tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRB Collar tab
    P
    Many

Default Re: DRB Collar tab

Quote by StuG III View Post
    One question, how are these graded?
    By pay group. This one is for officials of pay groups 17a to 12 [Beamte der Besoldungsgruppen 17a bis 12]; the collar patch is the version for closed-collar tunics.

Thank you very much for your input. Where can I find out a bit more about the whole structure of the railway and their insignia?
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Thank you very much for your input. Where can I find out a bit more about the whole structure of the railway and their insignia?
    You can find some information in "Badges and Insignia of the Third Reich 1933-1945" by Brian L. Davis (illustrated by Malcom McGregor), which I can generally recommend to anybody interested in Third Reich badges and insignia.

The book I always use for reference when it comes to Reichsbahn insignia is a much more comprehensive one, but it is only available in German: "Das Kleid des Eisenbahners" by Jürgen Hartmann and Klaus Thiede. Spanning the 1842 to 1993 period, this is a collection of period clothing regulations illustrated with b&w and color drawings (and a few photographs)

Some links that could be helpful, too:

Rangabzeichen
    (Click on the "DKO..." links to see insignia charts for the year in question)

Reichsbahn Collar tabs study - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Reichsbahn cloth eagles - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    My reichsbahn visors... - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Deutsche Reichsbahn 1924-45: A Study in Pictures - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Reichsbahn cuff titles family - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Thank you once again, you're a star!! The book by Davis I have, but somewhat limited on this section. I'll work through your links and see what else I can add to my reference library.
    Tom