Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

DRK Gebirgs Unfalldienst / German Red Cross Mountain Rescue badge

Article about: Hi guys, Just wanted to show this one. Got this badge and picture in the mail this week. The badge has some severe damage but only to the enamel. I'm thinking about having it repaired by a j

?

Default DRK Gebirgs Unfalldienst / German Red Cross Mountain Rescue badge

Hi guys,
    Just wanted to show this one. Got this badge and picture in the mail this week. The badge has some severe damage but only to the enamel. I'm thinking about having it repaired by a jeweler.
    A very rare badge and I am sure it will be one of the center pieces in my German medical collection.
    Cheers,
    Pieter

DRK Gebirgs Unfalldienst / German Red Cross Mountain Rescue badgeDRK Gebirgs Unfalldienst / German Red Cross Mountain Rescue badgeDRK Gebirgs Unfalldienst / German Red Cross Mountain Rescue badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Gebirgs Unfalldienst / German Red Cross Mountain Rescue badge
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: DRK Gebirgs Unfalldienst / German Red Cross Mountain Rescue badge

Hello Peiter,
    The last issue no. 150 of I.M.M. has a three page write-up dealing with this " Gebirgsunfalldientes der DRK " badge. The articule shows pictures of two seperate badges. Here's one to look at. I do have a question, you write of taking your badge to the jewellers to be repaired, I know jeweller repair schmuck, do they also re- enamel badges too? I'm interested to know as I have a couple of badges in need of being re-enameled
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Gebirgs Unfalldienst / German Red Cross Mountain Rescue badge  

?

Hi there, many thanks for responding.
    yes, I know the article and already contacted the author.
    I am not sure yet if I want it to be repaired. It will be very costly and may not look authentic anymore afterwards.
    Cheers,
    Pieter

In order to repair broken enamel, it is necessary to disassemble the badge.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Hi Bob,
    not sure if I want to take that risk. Guess I will leave it the way it is. It's not like it's a relic, it still looks good IMO.
    Cheers,
    Pieter

I like it as is my self. I'm a DRK fan!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]