Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?

Article about: Its being sold as an original WW2 DRK uniform, although i am not totally convinced as it doesn't appear to have any should boards, and i think the armband is a repro, but i would love to hea

Default DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?

Its being sold as an original WW2 DRK uniform, although i am not totally convinced as it doesn't appear to have any should boards, and i think the armband is a repro, but i would love to hear what you guys think, at least there are plenty of pictures
    Thanks, Glen.
    Attached Images Attached Images DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?  DRK Uniform, what do you guys think? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?
    P
    Many

Default Re: DRK Uniform, what do you guys think?

Anyone?
    Thanks, Glen.

SteveR has one you may want to send him a PM and ask if he would look at it.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hey thanks Eric i'm now on it =D
    Thanks, Glen.

The uniform as such (tunic, pants, cap) is a post war uniform of the German Red Cross. (Note, for example, the lack of shoulder boards and the concealed button front on the tunic, the cap badge etc.)

Don't know about the armband, but I would guess it is a repo. It's definitely not original to the tunic.

See here for a more modern version of this type of cap: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...-2/#post224419

Thanks for the help my friend
    Thanks, Glen.

?

In my humble opinion I think it is post war Glen. I am not really an expert on these.
    The upper lapel is usually a smooth felt type of wool material.
    The buttons that I have seen on originals are normaly pebbled plain aluminium.
    The round DRK patch is not WWII.
    I think the armband is new.
    The cap most certainly is post war.
    I could be wrong but I do not think the uniform is a WWII piece.

Thanks very much Steve, just the kind of news i was expecting
    Thanks, Glen.