Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DRKB Armband

Article about: Hi, It's a recently acquired DRKB armband. It looks fine for me, but my question is: How much armband models veteran's associations like DRKB, NS-RKB and NSKOV adopted? I know five models in

R.R
    ?

Default DRKB Armband

Hi,

It's a recently acquired DRKB armband.

DRKB Armband
    DRKB Armband
    DRKB Armband
    DRKB Armband

It looks fine for me, but my question is: How much armband models veteran's associations like DRKB, NS-RKB and NSKOV adopted? I know five models including this one.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRKB Armband
    P
    Many

Ricardo,
    Here are 3 of mine.......Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRKB Armband  

To answer the question:
    a) at least 10 different ones with the Kyffhäuser-tower symbol (the first symbol-form);
    b) at least 11 with the Iron Cross symbol (the second symbol-form)

Here the most important armbands with its indications.
    First with the first symbol, taken from "Nachschlag werk der Deutschen Reichskriegerbundes (Kyffhäuserbund) e.V". Berlin, 1936.
    Sorry for the vague copy! See the second copy for the position for the gold or silver braids.....
    Second with the later symbol, taken from "Der NS-Reichskriegerbund, Was jeder von ihm wissen soll". Berlin, 1940.

DRKB Armband

DRKB Armband

Further how to position the honorary-badge (Ehrenabzeichen) upon an armband. It is known occasionally one can see the
    badge in the upper part for the armband. For many years it was thought the honorary-badge was worn with headgear. This is NOT correct!

DRKB Armband

Wilhelm,
    Thanks for the information,now i know where this badge belongs.....I guess this will make the armband a little more valuable??.................Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRKB Armband   DRKB Armband  

DRKB Armband  

Glad I could be of help. For many collectors this was a question for many years.
    A Dutch uniform-regulations collector and a German learned me in the early 1970's
    where it should be positioned when they supplied me with the copies.

?

I have one of the old style pre-nazi Kyffhäuserbund armband that has tower symbol with the national colors below it, without swastika. It came with the honorary badge affixed to the left of the symbol. Where is the badge supposed to go on this style armband? Or would it go on the old style armband at all?

Hummel