Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early veteran cross

Article about: Recent find....................Dave H

Default Early veteran cross

Recent find....................Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early veteran cross   Early veteran cross  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early veteran cross
    P
    Many

I wouldn't call it early, though. It's a current decoration of the post-war incarnation of the Kyffhäuserbund. See:

Kyffhäuserbund e.V.

Still a nice pin though!....

HPL, Thanks for your info,what i mean by "early" I thought the Kyffhauserbund was only in existence from 1913 to 1921 when when it changed to the Deutscher Reichskriegedrbund ..and also changed their logo...........Dave H

Quote by SADolch View Post
    HPL, Thanks for your info,what i mean by "early" I thought the Kyffhauserbund was only in existence from 1913 to 1921 when when it changed to the Deutscher Reichskriegedrbund ..and also changed their logo...........Dave H
    The Kyffhäuserbund has been around far longer than that.

While it dates back its roots and traditions (via its forerunners) to 1786 - causing the organization to celebrate its 220th anniversary in 2006 - the actual Kyffhäuserbund under that name was founded in 1900.

Originally called Kyffhäuser-Bund der Deutschen Krieger-Landesverbände, it was re-designated as the Deutscher Reichskriegerbund „Kyffhäuser“ in 1921. In 1938, it became the NS-Reichskriegerbund (Kyffhäuserbund) e.V.

Disbanded with the end of Nazi Germany in 1945, the Kyffhäuser organization was re-founded in 1952.

In 1962, it became the Deutscher Soldatenbund "Kyffhäuser" e.V. and in 1977 simply the Kyffhäuserbund e.V. under which name it still goes today.

The version of the stylized Kyffhäuser memorial as seen on this badge is the post-war to present design. Note the differences to the early pre-Nazi version seen, for example, here:

File:Kyffhäuserbund (Abzeichen).jpg - Wikimedia Commons

(which also has the black-white-and-red national colors, later substituted during the Nazi era for the usual Swastika within a white circle on red, before the NS-RKB got its completely new Swastika-and-Iron Cross shield.)