MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Erste Stufe) - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi there. Recently stumbled upon this online. My guess is that it is a modern reproduction. The sheen on the gold metal is high and the ribbon looks very clean and crips. Anyway, I would app

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Erste Stufe) - Real or Fake?

Hi there.

Recently stumbled upon this online. My guess is that it is a modern reproduction. The sheen on the gold metal is high and the ribbon looks very clean and crips. Anyway, I would appreciate some further info.

Regards,

Duncan.

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Erste Stufe) - Real or Fake?Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Erste Stufe) - Real or Fake?
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-05-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Erste Stufe) - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Hello Duncan,
    When you turn it in the light can you see texturing beneath the blue enamel like this?
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Duncan,
    When you turn it in the light can you see texturing beneath the blue enamel like this?
    Ralph.

Thanks for your reply, Ralph. I haven't purchased it - yet. It's online. I won't be able to turn it in the light. I currently have a bronze and a silver version, so I am looking for an original gold to complete the set. Is there any other way of telling?

Regards,

Duncan.

Closer inspection of the photographs tells me that there is no such texture. However, I am no expert on these pieces. I reckon it is a fake, but just looking for confirmation.

I believe the lack of visible texture and the convex look of the enamel would make me wait for another.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)