Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Experimental Reichswehr Uniforms 1919

Article about: I read somewhere that new uniform designs for the Reichswehr were planed in 1919, which would not continue with the uniform tradition of the Kaiserreicg/ Prussia. Does anyone has more info o

?

Default Experimental Reichswehr Uniforms 1919

I read somewhere that new uniform designs for the Reichswehr were planed in 1919, which would not continue with the uniform tradition of the Kaiserreicg/ Prussia.

Does anyone has more info on it?

I know that there infoin the book "The German Reichswehr".

Could someone maybe also upload pictures of the relevant pages?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919
    P
    Many

Hi, look in the German headgear forum on the site. there is a sub forum on Weimar headgear and in here a lot of original pictures of the 1919 pattern uniform in wear. It is basically a continuation of the field grey WW1 uniform with some cosmetic changes to the cuffs and collars on the tunics. new insignia of course and a very different rank structure. This was used by the provisional Reichswehr until 1921 when the Versailles treaty stipulation for 100,000 men became active. The uniforms changed slightly with the introduction in 1920/21 of a new style eight button tunic and turned up cuffs plus pockets top and bottom. the new army also used up the old army equipment so you will see significant amount of mixed uniforms even within the same section/company. Hope this helps some. regards Tony

here is a small display of the insignia for 1919 plus the use of ww1 headgear. Pictures are contemporary and show the use of old uniform and new insignia plus a soldier in full 1919 new uniform.

Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919

?

Quote by Rohr View Post
    I read somewhere that new uniform designs for the Reichswehr were planed in 1919, which would not continue with the uniform tradition of the Kaiserreicg/ Prussia.

Does anyone has more info on it?

I know that there infoin the book "The German Reichswehr".

Could someone maybe also upload pictures of the relevant pages?
    Thank you! I will take a look at the headgear forum.

?

Quote by Rohr View Post
    Thank you! I will take a look at the headgear forum.
    Quote by spandau View Post
    here is a small display of the insignia for 1919 plus the use of ww1 headgear. Pictures are contemporary and show the use of old uniform and new insignia plus a soldier in full 1919 new uniform.

Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919Experimental  Reichswehr Uniforms 1919
    Thanks a lot for the pictures!

Wow, the new shouldermarks look VERY strange.
    Doesnt looks practical at all.
    Not to kention the aesthetic side.

So the main reason for this change was to sort off show the difference between the old imperial army and the new republican Reichswehr?
    Or were there also practical reasons?

Btw. very nice helmet.
    I read that towards the end of the war, there was a plan to replace the M16 design with this helmet. Is it true?
    In that case I ask myself why the Reichseehr didnt followed this plan...