Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Feuerpolizei?

Article about: I found this uniform local in my country and it looks pretty interesting, what is it exactly? a feuerschutzpolizei or some volunteer feuerpolizei? what do the insignia mean on the arms? any

?

Default Feuerpolizei?

I found this uniform local in my country and it looks pretty interesting, what is it exactly? a feuerschutzpolizei or some volunteer feuerpolizei? what do the insignia mean on the arms? any thoughts? Thanks!

Feuerpolizei?Feuerpolizei?Feuerpolizei?Feuerpolizei?Feuerpolizei?Feuerpolizei?Feuerpolizei?Feuerpolizei?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerpolizei?
    P
    Many

?

My first impression is that someone has been busy with needle and thread here.

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    My first impression is that someone has been busy with needle and thread here.
    I had the same impression, looks like he made it a mess too.

In my opinion, the uniform is put together.

The think the tunic itself is a post-war one. Its cut more or less matches that of the Third Reich-era Rockbluse / Waffenrock worn by the fire brigades, but that one also had piping down the front closure and a collar of the same color as the rest of the tunic (not black as seen here).

The insignia are crudely attached.

The circular patch with the steering wheel on the right sleeve is the trade badge for a Kraftfahrer [motor vehicle driver], but it is mounted on the wrong sleeve and way too high: It should be 1 cm above the sleeve turn-up on the left arm.

The oval "F" patch on the left sleeve is the trade badge for the SHD's Feuerlösch- und Entgiftungsdienst [firefighting- and decontamination service] and was carried over into the LSP. It shouldn't be on a Feuerwehr uniform at all.