Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration

Article about: Here is a tunic I picked really cheap because of the damage. The damage is only in one area. Some of it can be repaired with matching thread (have some already), but I need some dark blue ma

Default Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration

Here is a tunic I picked really cheap because of the damage. The damage is only in one area. Some of it can be repaired with matching thread (have some already), but I need some dark blue material to fill the larger holes. The sleeve eagle, which was removed by previous user will be back so there will be even less damage visible. I will post photos of some repairs as I go forward. I am only restoring it for myself so I can live with non-period repairs. Anybody with some unwanted dark blue material period or post-war doesn't matter - let me know :-) Also any hints and tips are more than welcomed !
    Thanks in advance !

P.S. Tunic still needs some cleaning as it is dusty :-) I have the visor and belt to go with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration   Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration
    P
    Many

Default Re: Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration

Tag found in the pocket :-)
    The same maker also made visors and so.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration  

?

Default Re: Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration

Good find.
    If you have the opportunity you might check with vintage clothing dealers to try to find a pair of dark blue serge pants that have heavy moth damage. I don't know if you can match the wool perfectly but it is worth the try.

Thanks - Tony (Spandau) gave me the idea to cloth from post-war hat so I am looking for West or East German fire sidecap to butcher :-)

Cleaned up a bit and ready for repairs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration  

Here is the tunic after clean up and some repairs. I "researched" field type repairs done to tunics and made repairs following the style. The last hole will be fixed once the worn out sleeve eagle gets here.
    I stained the repaired areas with coffee to blend them a little. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration   Feuerschutzpolizei (Fire Protection Police) / Feuerwehr Tunic Restoration  

Hi,

I am ready to put on a worn out sleeve eagle on my Feuerwehr / Feuerschutzpolizei tunic.
    I know from the period photos the location varied - e.g. bottom of the patch lined up with the bottom of the pocket, top of the patch lined up with the top of the pocket etc. Was there any regulation location of the sleeve eagle with dimensions etc ?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the almost complete tunic with the sleeve eagle. The rip is repaired with mending tape for now - it will be removed once I get some material. The eagle is also attached with cloth double sided tape for now.

Any comments are welcomed.