Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Feuerwehr armband and associated documents... with a difference!!

Article about: I picked up these few items this week, perhaps not what you were expecting. The armband is only the 2nd or 3rd I have ever seen. I have one other in my collection but its much more worn than

Default Feuerwehr armband and associated documents... with a difference!!

I picked up these few items this week, perhaps not what you were expecting. The armband is only the 2nd or 3rd I have ever seen. I have one other in my collection but its much more worn than this one. Undoubtedely the men were issued with more than one during the Occupation and this one never saw the light of day from then till now. the associated documents are also quite hard to find and I am really pleased to have them for my collection. Where you see 2 items on the page, the top one is a scanned copy so the original does not have to be removed if someone wants to see whats on the other side. The Feldkommandantur 515 curfew pass is actually signed by Baron Max Von Aufsess who Kommandant of the Island for a time.
    So do not give up hope such little gems do appear every now and again, we all hopefully get a turn in finding something for our collections.
    All the best,
    from Jersey.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feuerwehr armband and associated documents... with a difference!!   Feuerwehr armband and associated documents... with a difference!!  

Feuerwehr armband and associated documents... with a difference!!   Feuerwehr armband and associated documents... with a difference!!  

Feuerwehr armband and associated documents... with a difference!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feuerwehr armband and associated documents... with a difference!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Feuerwehr armband and associated documents... with a difference!!

Very nice indeed! Thanks for showing these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I thought I was going mad when I saw FIRE BRIGADE in English, and Ade didn't bat an eyelid at it. Your Location suddenly cleared it up I really like stuff from the islands, something about it being in English too really brings it home, like that famous picture of a bobby holding the staff car door open for an officer.

?

Indeed, an excellent grouping. Very nicely maintained too. Thank you for sharing these items with us all D.

Regards,

Carl

If any of you out there ever see items relating to the Kanalinseln please be sure to let me know as its always great to bring our history back home where it has real relevance. If you see anything just send me a private message.
    Thanks,
    D.
    Last edited by JERSEY 34; 05-05-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    If any of you out there ever see items relating to the Kanalinseln please be sure to let me know as its always great to bring our history back home where it has real relevance. If you see anything just email me direct at damienhorn1@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    D.
    I'll certainly keep an eye open.