Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.

Article about: It is easier to find chicken lips than it is American German bund stuff. As you might realize most of it was gotten rid of when the war with Germany started for the USA. Most are not aware t

That's a Very interesting piece. I never have seen one like that.

Good find

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.
    P
    Many

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Any news on these yet? (by news i mean usable information, not assumtions.)The thread on WAF never went any further either, just thumbs up all the way and lots of "wows"

Attachment 591923
    Their right as far as I know. Top right is one.

Now I see the threads and the questions and comments. The American Bund was of course headquartered in NYC at least to my knowledge, but it did not stop there by any means and there were contingencies or pockets of German nationals throughout the area and I would imagine the country. In the 1930's for example there were groups in northern New Jersey and they would party at a gin joint down the road from one of my old stomping grounds. There was also a Bund camp about 7 miles in the opposite direction and the remnants of it are still there. The problem with the material is some was manufactured here and some was done in Germany, at least the base and then embellished here. So depending on what your looking at your going to have at least some difficulty with these items, unless of course you have handled them and even then? you could make a mistake.

The Bund collector is a closet collector from my experience, their just not around in plain view in most cases. I was not even aware that there was a book on the topic but have knowledge of them and some of the items. I would not buy the pin that started this thread for a number of reasons and most of those reasons are the same that I would apply to a German pin. The stickpins to my knowledge are correct and I like mine, I cant say I like another that is visible in market and I am not sure I would apply the rigors of German manufacturing to them or look at them too hard and they are not common in my experience. So like many other items you are always going to have naysayer's or controversy to some degree. But there are a broad array of items to look at and not many make themselves available in the open market. I will have to make a point to scan this book and see what it says and it is an interesting topic on many levels.

Default Bund Items

I was able to acquire these items recently: armband, stickpin. Sorry - this is the only image I have now.

?

Quote by Bmsmear View Post
    I was able to acquire these items recently: armband, stickpin. Sorry - this is the only image I have now.
    Unfortunately, I believe that both of these items are fake. The font on the armband appears to be computer generated. Also, it matches very closely in make the Eastern European fakes (even down to the unnatural-looking dirt). The stick pin is of a type that is known to be fake.

I don't know about these items, but Erno is telling the truth. I've seen the exact same font used on the armband often in the internet.

This is where the American Nazi stooges sent their kids for the summer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.  

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    I don't know about these items, but Erno is telling the truth. I've seen the exact same font used on the armband often in the internet.
    Bund stuff probably has a higher fake to real ration than SS. There is very little remaining because of the enormous stigma attached to people involved in the organization during and after the war, and they weren't very popular to begin with anyway. The membership numbers never increased beyond the low five figures, so there weren't many pins and such made in the first place.

Which of the two fonts on the armband are we saying is found on fakes? With examples please.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by StefanM View Post
    Which of the two fonts on the armband are we saying is found on fakes? With examples please.
    Both fonts on the armband are computer generated, but the one I was referring to is the Times New Roman found on the bottom. The facts that the brassard is printed, artificially aged and printed with a computerized font condemn it.

There are lots of similarly aged and printed items found here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast