Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.

Article about: It is easier to find chicken lips than it is American German bund stuff. As you might realize most of it was gotten rid of when the war with Germany started for the USA. Most are not aware t

Default Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.

I found this cool little pin in a small fair. Its a rare German American Bund pin. The German American Bund or German American Federation (German: Amerikadeutscher Bund, also Amerikadeutscher Volksbund) was an American Nazi organization established in the 1930s. Its main goal was to promote a favorable view of Nazi Germany.

I thought I would share it with you as they are a very uncommon site nowadays and a very covered up part of american history.
    I also included some photo's of the German American Bund.

**UPDATE**---> I just did some research and its valued at £280! I'm so happy!

Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.
    Last edited by WaffleMan; 05-26-2013 at 03:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Found a rare German American Bund (AV) pin.

Welcome to the forum!

Interesting piece, thank you for posting. I've never seen one before.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you for showing us this rare badge; more often than not the only German American Bund items I see for sale are stickpins.

Have you got anymore similar items, I would love to see them!

Thank you, Glen.

PS Welcome to the forum!

Such bizarre images...no wonder they have been covered up more or less by history. Imagine if sympathy towards Germany had somehow moderated or kept America out of the war altogether? Hardly bears thinking about...

Thanks for the welcome it's a great forum! This item is the only German American Bund piece I have found but I am on the lookout for more as its an interesting off branch of the Nazi Party.

?

Very neat piece. And you're right. We don't learn about this in school, and never spoken about either. Ive always wanted to stumble upon something of the American Bund at yard sales/etc, but never have. You got lucky!

Welcome to the forum

?

I love this pin,I have been looking for one for quite some time! Welcome to our brood! Thanks for sharing with us!

It did for a period of time. They were very popular in America! They had fully functioning Hitler youth camps, massive parades and rallies and were gaining momentum but the Dickstein investigation concluded that the they supported a "branch of German dictator Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party in America" and were subsequently snuffed out which is a relief. I dread to think what would have happened if they weren't!

Thanks!

I suppose its the hypocrisy of it that makes is a tough subject as most Americans are proud to have helped defeat the Nazis but lots were avid supporters for a time. Thanks for the welcome its a very friendly community!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast