MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Freiwillige Feuerwehr Tunic

Article about: Was not planning on buying this but I did. While not may area of interest there is just something about the look of these. It is in really nice shape with some minor soiling and wear. The pa

MAP
    ?

Default Freiwillige Feuerwehr Tunic

Was not planning on buying this but I did. While not may area of interest there is just something about the look of these. It is in really nice shape with some minor soiling and wear.

The patch is for Lang-Gons. A municipality in the district of Gießen, in Hesse, Germany

What is unique (and I'm not sure if it is for this tunic or all of them), is that the fabric is extra fine and has almost a cashmere feel to it. The nape is ultra soft, not the rough texture of typical combat tunics.

Been doing some research and the Fire Police structure is a bit complicated. Further it changed throughout the time of the Party control.

So, this is what I THINK I have. A Freiwillige Feuerwehr [Volunteer Fire Brigade] tunic for a Wachtmeister. Or it could be a Pflichtfeuerwehr [Compulsory Fire Brigade] tunic.

The following post was very helpful but I'm still confused as to what it is...

Feuerschutzpolizei collar tab variations

So any opinions? Freiwillige or Pflichtfeuerwehr????

All comments are welcome.

(It was a very bright day outside so the colors are a bit washed out)

Michael

Freiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr TunicFreiwillige Feuerwehr Tunic
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freiwillige Feuerwehr Tunic
    P
    Many

It looks like early 1930s tunic that was used after 1933 as part of Feuerschutzpolizei.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Now I'm really confused. According to Andreas, the Feuerschutzpolizei used the green police uniform (in the link I attached in my first post).

(BTW...your shoulder boards you posted a while back helped me ID it as a Wachtmeister. )

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

We always prefer having you post your item on this forum instead of providing a link to another place.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. In reading Dave C's comments in your post it is a Feuerwehren (FW) and not the Feuerschutzpolizei

I think the Feuerwehren consisted of both the Freiwillige Feuerwehr and the Pflichtfeuerwehr at one point in time.

Am I getting this right? Or am I still confused.

Michael

As to the link, it is just for reference and it is not my post on
    waf.
    I believe that after 1933, all branches were being merged into FSP.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Not sure if you had a chance to read HLP's (Andrea's) comments in the link I provided. It noted that not all were merged and those that did wore the green uniform.

Not saying what is correct, which is why I was asking.

Thanks again.

Michael