Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

A friend's collection.

Article about: Thanks David but I'm far from an expert on these badges. Along with the 1929 RPT badges and the 31 SA Treffen badges, are the ones that I have done the most research on.

Default Re: A friend's collection.

Thanks David but I'm far from an expert on these badges. Along with the 1929 RPT badges and the 31 SA Treffen badges, are the ones that I have done the most research on.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A friend's collection.
    P
    Many

I appreciate the information given, and would like some more.

I have not spoken with the family which these items belonged to since taking the photos. I could certainly ask her if her father collected any of the items since wars end. It was never mentioned that he was a collector, but that all items were captured items. Being all pieces were just stuffed into a cardboard box doesn't say collector to me, but you never know.

So speaking of fakes, when did this particular badge begin to be copied specifically, and Nazi memorabilia in general? 50's, 60's, 70's,..... I can't believe that they were being faked inside Germany during the war.

Thanks.

Dear rgraham (is it Graham perhaps?)

I personally would let the matter of the SA Treffen badge gracefully go by like the proverbial "passing ships in the night". This is a super and very interesting thread and it would be such a pity if there was an over focus and attention toward a single included item. As mentioned, the SA badge in question is very rare and has been faked for a long time now. Again, the one that you have shown sits somewhat uncomfortably with some of us who have a specific interest. Sorry, however no idea when the fakes of both the first and second styles of this badge first appeared. By the way, the 1931 SA Braunschweig Treffen badge was originally intended as a "day badge" and sold for fund raising purposes at the actual event. As a commemoration of the very special event however, the badge was elevated to a 'traditions' award post 1933 and was allowed to be worn by those having taken part, on any uniform and to include that of the SS and Wehrmacht. The badge was as important as that!

Regards,

David

All good points David but I must correct you on one point. The 31 Treffen badge was made an official HONOR award by Hitler decree in 1936. Best, Erich

Dear Erich

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

I am not an expert, however Erich is !

Thankyou for this information.

Regards,

David

Both the 31 SA Treffen and 1929 RPT badges are very undervalued IMO. A lot of collectors see them as mere tinnines, but in reality, both held offical honor status along with the Blood Order and Coburg Badge.

Quote by rgraham View Post
    A friend's collection.
    Old though this thread may be, I had to take notice of the collar patch for a Gauleiter a. D. (außer Dienst/out-of-service). I do not recall ever seeing one of these before, though I have seen Dienstrangabzeichen für aus dem aktiven Dienst geschiedene Politische Leiter for other positions. I've attached a photo taken from the 1936 Organisationsbuch der NSDAP (1. Auflage), which provides a few examples of collar insignia for such out-of-service Political Leaders.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A friend's collection.  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5