MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Gau Level N S D A P Grouping

Article about: The following items were discovered around five years ago in the St. Louis area. The grouping included two tunics, one visor cap and two Adolf Hitler Golden Party Badges. All belonged to a G

Default Gau Level N S D A P Grouping

The following items were discovered around five years ago in the St. Louis area. The grouping included two tunics, one visor cap and two Adolf Hitler Golden Party Badges. All belonged to a Gaubereichsleiter named Adolf Kunstmann. Kunstmann was a high ranking official in the Nurnburg Postal system. Unfortunately, the grouping was originally broken up by the first buyer. He bought one of the tunics but failed to buy Kunstmann's stud back G P B. The badge now sits in an advanced European collection of medals and badges. I was able to purchase the visor cap, second tunic with the G P B. Six months later, the second tunic, which had already changed hands once, became available and I obtained it.
    First, Kunstmann's visor cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gau Level N S D A P Grouping   Gau Level N S D A P Grouping  

Gau Level N S D A P Grouping   Gau Level N S D A P Grouping  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gau Level N S D A P Grouping
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gau Level N S D A P Grouping

Kunstmann's A H Gold Party Badge. In his dossier, there is communication between him and the Gauleiter regarding his eligibility for this award. Although an Alterkampfer, he let his dues slip for thirteen months begining in 1929. It is interesting to note that he was awarde the A H badge on 30 Januray, 1943, a date only several days before the fall of Stalingrad by the 6th Army and the begining of the end for the 3rd Reich.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gau Level N S D A P Grouping   Gau Level N S D A P Grouping  

BOB

The first of Kunstmann's two tunics. Both tunics were tailored by the same Nurnburg firm. Both also had name tags in the pocket that had the owner's name washed out. Except for the name in the cap, this sets would likely have never been identified. The collar tabs indicate the pay grade of Gaubereichsleiter. The armband indicates the position of Leiter Eines Gauhauptamt.

BOB

Kunstmann's second tunic. Note that after it's last cleaning, the cleaner reapplied the armband upside down. Both uniforms and the visor cap can be viewed in Jeff Clark's book, " Uniforms of the N S D A P."

BOB

Thx for sharing I hope you will be able to obtain the rest of the group. It's always sad when someone breaks up such a grouping...

?

High quality top of the line! EXCELLENT

Hi Bob, once again, top quality items with an interesting history. Well done in re-uniting the group. I hate it too when items are split up.

Cheers, Ade.

SS Ring Man
    ?

Another top of the line item Bob,Thanks for the show

?

Great items Bob and the history that goes with it - outstanding

Horst

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Thx for sharing I hope you will be able to obtain the rest of the group. It's always sad when someone breaks up such a grouping...

Nick-
    The other G P B is in a known advanced collection and I doubt that it will ever come my way unless I can find something the collector wants. It is sad that the first buyer split the badge off-especially as he only kept the tunic for a few months. At least the balance is back together. Further, I have been able to obtain copies of the owners records kept in the U. S. National Archeives, a copy of which I shared with the current owner of the other badge.
    BOB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast