Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

german badge?liegnitz

Article about: hello what do you think about the originality of this badge? from what occasion it was issued? regard

Default german badge?liegnitz

hello
    what do you think about the originality of this badge?
    from what occasion it was issued? regard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german badge?liegnitz   german badge?liegnitz  

german badge?liegnitz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german badge?liegnitz
    P
    Many

Michal19: It is an Autoplakette meaning that it was attached to an automobile, probably one owned by a member of the SA. It commemorates a 1933 SA parade in Liegnitz, a town in the German province, Silesia, apparently in celebration of "Braune Pfingston," which literally translates to “Brown Pentecost” in English. Pentacost is celebrated by Christians 50 days after Easter, but how Pentecost fit into the Nazi ideology is unknown to me. Liegnitz, was a town in the German province, Silesia, that is today known as Legnica, Poland. Your badge appears to be genuine. Dwight

thank you for the info,another interesting and uknown for me.the plakette was obtained in the city of todays Nysa once Niesse near the place where i live in the silesia city Opole once called Oppeln.not far from Liegnitz i will look for more info about this parade.its a good localization for looking such things.thank You for the info and originality opinion.
    regards

?

michal19, I believe there might have been several Arbeitsdienst units in Liegnitz.. Abt 1/102 Liegnitz-Neuhoff "Wahlstatt"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german badge?liegnitz   german badge?liegnitz  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

yes i've heard about the one rad unit.somwhere in the district ''nowy dwór'' but i dont find where exactly.
    thank You

ahhh i didint realise yet You wrote it already,nowy dwór means neuhoff