Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German banner from the Town Hall in St.Helier, Jersey.

Article about: Just over a week or so ago I recieved an email from a Lady who told me that he father had been a member of Force 135, and therefore one of the soldiers sent to the Channel Islands to liberat

Default German banner from the Town Hall in St.Helier, Jersey.

Just over a week or so ago I recieved an email from a Lady who told me that he father had been a member of Force 135, and therefore one of the soldiers sent to the Channel Islands to liberate our Islands after 5 years of German Occupation. Her Father was a sapper in the Royal Engineers, and whilst here on the Island was ordered to remove a flag as she called it from inside of the Town Hall in St.Helier. What the lady wanted to know was if I would be interested in the "flag" for display in my museum. Oh yes,…. my reply was quicker than a flashing blade. Today a package arrived, in it was the flag which turns out to be a banner. Also included was a photo of her father and a Luftwaffe breast eagle and the man's Force 135 flash. I must say donations are few and far between these days but this lady was really pleased to think I would be interested in the flag and would give it a good home.
    My door is always open to donations, especially when they have a good link to the Island.
    What a great day,
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German banner from the Town Hall in St.Helier, Jersey.   German banner from the Town Hall in St.Helier, Jersey.  

German banner from the Town Hall in St.Helier, Jersey.   German banner from the Town Hall in St.Helier, Jersey.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German banner from the Town Hall in St.Helier, Jersey.
    P
    Many

?

Quite a donation with provenance to boot. Congrats.

Very good, I understand your door is allways open for such things. Mine also, but nothing !

Great looking stuff. And the history behind it helps a lot. I don't seem to get any donations either.... Maybe it is because I have a private museum.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.