Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German British friendship badge ,REAL?

Article about: I saw where this badge was discussed hear,most say fantasy piece.This one came with some other real ww2 german insignia .If this is a fake it must have somehow gotten mixed in..Is the consen

Default German British friendship badge ,REAL?

I saw where this badge was discussed hear,most say fantasy piece.This one came with some other real ww2 german insignia .If this is a fake it must have somehow gotten mixed in..Is the consensus still that these are fakes and in particular is this one?Here is a party badge with the same type pin attachment,maybe its a fake too?Any info appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German British friendship badge ,REAL?   German British friendship badge ,REAL?  

German British friendship badge ,REAL?   German British friendship badge ,REAL?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German British friendship badge ,REAL?
    P
    Many

Both are bad.

This type of "coffin-shape" pin plate was not used during the Third Reich.

Also, it always amuses me that the fakers didn't even get their grammar right on the German-British thingie: It should be "DEUTSCH-BRITISCHE."

Thank you!So the party pin is a fake also?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thank you!So the party pin is a fake also?
    Yes, this shape of back plate for mounting the pin was never used during the TR era.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank HPL and Ralph,appreciate it guys!I should have looked at the back of my other party pin that is a bringback,duh,I see what you mean.Here is my other party pin for comparison.No problem with seller he will take them back.Anyway great forum!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German British friendship badge ,REAL?   German British friendship badge ,REAL?  

Hey since we are at it,these 3 items were in the lot,probably no good also,never seen a necklace eagle ring like this,the hj tinny might be ok not worth faking, the red cross badge is missing the pin and appears to be missing the enamel in the cross,fakes?

Last edited by Toecutter; 06-12-2018 at 12:46 AM.

The eagle necklace is a coin that has been carefully cut out, you can see part of Hitler's head on the reverse.
    Have done it in the past myself with a silver dollar.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The HJ pin looks fine to me. I have a nearly identical one, dated 1938 rather than 1937.

German British friendship badge ,REAL?German British friendship badge ,REAL?

As already mentioned by Ralph, the pendant with the eagle is a cutout silver Reichsmark coin.

Regards, B.B.

The Red Cross pin was manufactured by Hermann Aurich.
    Ralph.

Thanks guys!Wow hitlers head on back,good eyes,I cant imagine trying to cut out the coin ,no way could I do it myself,Ralph you must be a very good metal worker!Brodie thanks for the heads up on the hj.Red cross is ok then but rough cond.,would the cross have been enameled or were some painted?Anyway appreciate it.No way of knowing if the coin necklace was period done or post war I guess,kind of neat though.Great info here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast