german coat ??

Article about: another ebay find, but not sure if it is german but it was cheap so took a shot, the seller says it has some stamps and dated 1944 but as its not landed yet these are the only pics i have, c

Default german coat ??

another ebay find, but not sure if it is german but it was cheap so took a shot, the seller says it has some stamps and dated 1944 but as its not landed yet these are the only pics i have, cheers dave

Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: german coat ??

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    another ebay find, but not sure if it is german but it was cheap so took a shot, the seller says it has some stamps and dated 1944 but as its not landed yet these are the only pics i have, cheers dave
    It's very possible that this was a private purchase; fur vests and jackets gained wide spread popularity amongst the troops serving on the Eastern front. The ones I have seen are generally from 1941-1942 for the Russian front.

The inside lining does look correct, is the liner made from rabbit/animal fur or a synthetic?

Clothing is not a personal specialty but I hope this helped!

Default Re: german coat ??

hi and thanks for your reply, i now have it , the fur on collar maybe synthetic but the lining seems to be real animal furs, heres a few pics of coat, thanks again dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coat 001.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	14392   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coat 002.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	14393  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coat 003.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	14394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coat 004.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	14395