Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German coat of arms carved in WW.2

Article about: I realize this post is well off in terms of the correct place to list it but was not entirely sure where was appropriate. Hopefully some of our German members may be able to help. I have jus

Default German coat of arms carved in WW.2

I realize this post is well off in terms of the correct place to list it but was not entirely sure where was appropriate. Hopefully some of our German members may be able to help. I have just picked up a nice piece of wood carving done by a German soldier and it has a coat of arms on it. The carving was done in 1943 and am assuming it was made for an officer who's family coat of arms this is. Can anyone tell me to which family this belonged. I have had a quick look but found lots of coats of arms of which none looked similar nor do I understand the intricacies involved in the make up of a coart of arms.
    Knowing we have a vast amount of members with even vaster knowledge I thought it was worth asking.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German coat of arms carved in WW.2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German coat of arms carved in WW.2
    P
    Many

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out about this coat of arms.
    Thanks,
    D

Hello D,
    I don’t know which Germanic family this crest belongs to but there is some good information available.
    Here are some generalised observations.

The CREST an armoured Knight holding ? Armour divided in to two halves with design repeated from the shield.
    The Helmet Crowned with Coronet denoting Prince of the Empire.
    The SHIELD ‘Party per Pale’ (divided in half vertically in the centre) the Dexter (right) side with 24 BENDS Sinister (May be 48) The Sinister (Left) Side plain. (This would have had a colour on the shield) The CHARGE is a crossed ?

I don’t have any idea what the crossed symbols are supposed to represent.

The Continental Coats of Arms generally do not have a motto (like your example)

For general Heraldic information:
    Heraldry

For the design on the shield:
    List of heraldic charges - Wikipedia

Anyway, good luck with your research

Doug

Thanks Doug for your info, I will be checking through it to see what I can find.
    All the best,
    D