Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gross Flug Tag NSFK Tinnie

Article about: For you Tinnie guys out there. Here is a Gross Flug Tag NSFK Tinnie. Pictures make appear worse than it is. It does have quite a bit of wear. It has some zinc pest (looks worse than it actua

MAP
    ?

Default Gross Flug Tag NSFK Tinnie

For you Tinnie guys out there. Here is a Gross Flug Tag NSFK Tinnie.

Pictures make appear worse than it is. It does have quite a bit of wear. It has some zinc pest (looks worse than it actually is). I have put some Vaseline on it to protect against further damage.

Not one I've seen before. Enjoy!

Michael

Gross Flug Tag NSFK TinnieGross Flug Tag NSFK Tinnie
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gross Flug Tag NSFK Tinnie
    P
    Many

?

1st one I have seen.
    Thanks

MAP
    ?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    1st one I have seen.
    Thanks
    Saw a stamped tin hollow backed version on the web. Other than that haven't seen another.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

1st for me.

?

MAP, yours is a (IMHO) cast repro. The details are very soft also the hardware on the reverse is not like originals. These were produced in a stamped (tinnie) version supposedly an event badge and a solid version participants version. If you look on weitze website there is a solid version to compare to yours. If you do a search over at WAF you can find more originals.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Will take a look. I can say, in hand it is not cast from what I can tell. Yes, details are soft but appears to be due to heavy wear. As to if this wear pattern is recent I can not tell. The pin set up is crimped. Something I have seen on other combat awards (PABs, GABs, IABs).

there is also zinc pest, not something I personally have seen in fakes.

But...Will follow your leads and look at the examples on Weitz and WAF. Thanks for the help.

?

I did some looking and wish to change my opinion on your badge .... I agree with you it is zinc and original. The hardware was one detail that had me thinking it was bad, here is a close up of hardware from that maker (different badge) and it matches yours. JMHO. Also I have seen in hand a repro NSFK 3rd. pattern badge for powered aircraft that was made of zinc and at one time I had a fantasy canteen chit made of zinc which had zinc pest... there are repro zinc badges out there.

MAP
    ?

Quote by mike41 View Post
    I did some looking and wish to change my opinion on your badge .... I agree with you it is zinc and original. The hardware was one detail that had me thinking it was bad, here is a close up of hardware from that maker (different badge) and it matches yours. JMHO. Also I have seen in hand a repro NSFK 3rd. pattern badge for powered aircraft that was made of zinc and at one time I had a fantasy canteen chit made of zinc which had zinc pest... there are repro zinc badges out there.

Thanks for the feedback.

Here are better pictures. You an see the wear, zink pest and the period style crimping on the rear.

Not in the greatest condition but still not that easy to find.

You can double click and expand the pictures. They are high rez 8 megs each

Michael

?

MAP, these pictures are much better, show greater detail... the badge is definitely good.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. Well I hope the photos are better. The camera and lenses cost me enough to buy 50 of these LoL!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast