Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer cap eagle & cocade

Article about: Anyone here born in the 50s' that remember these ? They were sold from the classifieds on the back of maybe "Guns & Ammo" or one of the weapons or military mags back in the 60s

Default Heer cap eagle & cocade

Anyone here born in the 50s' that remember these ? They were sold from the classifieds on the back of maybe "Guns & Ammo" or one of the weapons or military mags back in the 60s'. Cost $1.50 & I begged my Mom to buy one for me, she would not so I had to use my weekly school lunch money which was $1.50 a week in 1966 & bought my own. (Yes, I went hungry but was worth it).

Has not seen one for 50 years until Bill Shea listed one for sale two years ago at $75.00 at the SOS. Well I just had to have it, what a laugh we had because Bill remembered them too.

Anyway...not even sure they are real, I don't want to risk breaking a prong to look at the back. But love how "corny" the description is referring them to being a rare original souvenier.

Laughter is permitted guys !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer cap eagle & cocade   Heer cap eagle & cocade  

Heer cap eagle & cocade   Heer cap eagle & cocade  

Heer cap eagle & cocade   Heer cap eagle & cocade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer cap eagle & cocade
    P
    Many

David thanks for showing these antiques. I remember seeing something like this either on the forum or in a book. I'm not an old fart lol, I'm more of a middle-aged.fart so I personally can't say I ve seen them in a period monthly magazine. But they do look rather convincing and are a neat footnote in history. Awesome pieces!! I love seeing stuff like this! Kindest regards. Does the nursing home know you got out, I can hide you for a couple weeks til the heat simmers down. Lol buddy I had too. Kindest regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    David thanks for showing these antiques. I remember seeing something like this either on the forum or in a book. I'm not an old fart lol, I'm more of a middle-aged.fart so I personally can't say I ve seen them in a period monthly magazine. But they do look rather convincing and are a neat footnote in history. Awesome pieces!! I love seeing stuff like this! Kindest regards. Does the nursing home know you got out, I can hide you for a couple weeks til the heat simmers down. Lol buddy I had too. Kindest regards.

Brian
    They let me out on the weekends Brian. It is Saturday, No ?

CBH
    ?

Great piece of military collector history you got there. I don't remember the ad but I do remember seeing Relic Japanese helmets and German repaints in the back of "Easy Rider Magazine" always wanted one as a kid, but no luck. And Rommel Googles where for sale everywhere, no-one mentioned that they were British!

Quote by real steel View Post
    They let me out on the weekends Brian. It is Saturday, No ?
    Lol LOVE it! Well enjoy your bird watching activities and sugary candy. Just keep them pants at waist level like the cool old hipsters do. Lol thanks for laughs brother!

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Lol LOVE it! Well enjoy your bird watching activities and sugary candy. Just keep them pants at waist level like the cool old hipsters do. Lol thanks for laughs brother!

Brian
    Tough to do while wearing an adult diaper. The pants tend to droop a bit. Maybe suspenders would help ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Tough to do while wearing an adult diaper. The pants tend to droop a bit. Maybe suspenders would help ?
    LMFAO. Now it's a party!!

I too was young once and I recognize the value of nostalgia. When shown to any guest, this would help break the ICE and lead to much discussion, a value above and beyond whether it is fake or real. Thanks for sharing.....Doug.

Do you remember the boxes of breakfast cereal which contained a grant deed to a square inch of land in Alaska ? ? ?
    Last edited by stakeside; 09-30-2017 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Older FART

Something like that I do remember & not that long ago...was it ?

REAL STEEL....my senior citizen memory can only recall that the breakfast cereal promotion had a very short half life, shut down after two or three weeks because of legal challenges in the period 1953-1956. I still have some in the boxes of stuff in my garage.....maybe.....but it sparked a dream fulfilled by my buying land on Loma Prieta in the Santa Cruz mountains, California. At 3000 feet I look down on Silicon Valley, yet cell phones do not work there....Doug

The stakeside parked in front of our San Jose house is not for show but work. I am much older than you and have the Winchester Mysterey House syndrome...I never stop construction on our place in the mountains, and everyone around me makes fun of anyone who even tries to get a permit.
    Last edited by stakeside; 10-01-2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: OLDER FART