Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heim ins Reich pin, mm 'K & Q'

Article about: Another addition to the Klein & Quenzer subsection of my collection, Heim ins Reich or Home into the Empire. The Heim ins Reich initiative (German: Home into the Realm) was a policy purs

Default Heim ins Reich pin, mm 'K & Q'

Another addition to the Klein & Quenzer subsection of my collection, Heim ins Reich or Home into the Empire.

The Heim ins Reich initiative (German: Home into the Realm) was a policy pursued by Adolf Hitler starting in 1938 and largely responsible for the outbreak of World War II. The initiative attempted to convince people of German descent living outside of Germany that they should strive to unify their countries with Germany—to bring their regions "home" into a greater Germany.

Concurrent with this were the beginnings of attempts to ethnically cleanse non-Germans both from Germany and from the areas intended to be part of a "Greater Germany". Alternately, Hitler also made attempts to Germanize those who were considered ethnically or racially close enough to Germans to be "worth keeping" as part of a future German nation, such as the population of Luxembourg (officially, Germany considered these populations to actually be German, only in need of being brought home into the flock, so to speak). These attempts were largely unpopular with the targets of the Germanization, and the citizens of Luxembourg voted in a referendum 97% against becoming citizens of Germany.

See Heim ins Reich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for more information.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heim ins Reich pin, mm 'K & Q'
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heim ins Reich pin, mm 'K & Q'

Nice Badge Roger...Well done
    All the best
    Doug

Thanks, Doug.

Hi Roger

Nice badge, it looks great!

Here's another one.

Heim ins Reich pin, mm 'K & Q'Heim ins Reich pin, mm 'K & Q'
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Nice badges with an interesting history guys.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for showing, Green. You've an impressive collection of badges, and I have to say are making me want more of them myself!
    Thanks, Steve.

Nice items guys.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I just found this thread which pre-dates my own membership here!

So, I thought I would add my own example of this significant little pin. I know the thread title specifies "K&Q" and that mine is not maker marked but it seems logical to put it here.

I find this a very interesting and important aspect of the history of the Third Reich and one of which even most collectors are unaware but it helps the understanding of how the regime developed.

In many ways, an individuals support of the tenets represented by this symbol speak more loudly than the NSDAP pin of attitudes prevalent at the time.

This example is made of brass and enamel with both the Ges. Gesch and RZM marks which marries up with the "transitional" period NSDAP pins and I believe makes it one of the earliest badges. It proved quite difficult to photograph due to the colour of the enamel and the prevailing light (it's pouring down again!!) but the finishers file marks can be seen under the final plating which, along with the quality of the enamel and the clearly visible pebbling under the red is a very good sign.

I hope you like it as much as I do.

Regards

Mark

Heim ins Reich pin, mm 'K & Q'Heim ins Reich pin, mm 'K & Q'
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi Mark,

Your example of this badge is absolutely stunning, condition is really excellent. Superb piece, I like it so much. Thank you for sharing it.

Best regards,
    Franko

I think your badge is a 20 year old fake Mark.

All the Heim ins Reich badges were pre RZM days.

The only ones I can think of, off the top of my head that are considered original are K&Q = Klein and Quenzer, C.W. = Carl Wild, F.R =? (also copied with coffin shaped pin assembly), G.u.W O. = Gottlieb & Wagner, Oberstein, L.G S = Louis Gottlieb & Söhne,

Here is a link about the RZM Ges Gesch badges
    DVG & HEIM INS REICH Pins - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Cheers
    Doug
    Last edited by Saladin; 05-02-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast