Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with armband

Article about: The swastika on this dirty armband is on a pink background. I could find not anything like it on my net search and wonder if anybody knows anything about it.

?

Default Help with armband

The swastika on this dirty armband is on a pink background. I could find not anything like it on my net search and wonder if anybody knows anything about it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with armband   Help with armband  

Help with armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with armband
    P
    Many

It is a fake. The issuance stamp should be on the front of the armband, not on the inside. The purpose of an eigentum stamp is that it can be seen when the armband is being worn. Dumb mistake by the faker which they will likely now correct.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Default more fake armbands?

Thanks for the quick response. Now I wonder about my other armbands. The HJ armbands has no tags or stamps. The sport band has a stick-on tag...probably not a good sign.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with armband   Help with armband  

The youth band is authentic, cannot comment on the SA.
    The paper tag is the correct way the RZM marked these, so if armband checks out, the tag would be a good thing. Although I have to say I dont think I have seen a paper RZM tag placed right over the seam where the bands ends are sewn together. The tag itself looks good.
    Wait for Bob to come back on this one, he is the foremost authority on these pieces. K

The HJ and the SA are both fine. The stick on RZM is proper, as it bears the "B" on it, for cotton products. The blue tags on a HJ band are unusual but not unheard of. No problem with either piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Pablo, yours are fine

I concur with my colleagues that both armbands shown are genuine. One correction to you post, there is no such thing as a "SA sports armband." The armband was designed for wear by SA Wehrmannschaft while working in civilian clothing. This band has been misidentified since the beginning of collecting.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I accually wondered about these SA SPORTS armband... So thanks for the corerct information.

And is correct about the Wehrmannschaft? :

"A special Hitler decree of 19.1.139 charged the SA with the pre and post military training of the entire male population between the ages of 18 and 65 to include those considered unfit for military duty. As a result the SA Wehrmannschaften was created. It was an SA controlled compulsorily conscripted Home Guard made up of fomer members of the Hitler Youth partially disabled but still considered fir for service plus older men not yet called up for military service. In addition to training it was also responsible as a co-ordinating agency for pol;itical defence organisations and the allocation of personnel to Heimatflak,Stadtwacht and Landwacht. This all comes from John R Angolia book Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA. I believed the officer in charge was SA GF Max Juttner "

?

In addition to what has already been said - your first posting shows an armband that not only has a misplaced "stamp" it is also made of incorrect material and construction. Compare this against the others you have that are "cotton." Your second picture depicts correct construction and materials.... Realistically - you could of compared your "correct" armbands against your fake and then thought to your self "why does one not look like the other." This is a method of learning and building your knowledge on the TR subject. Detail and the general OCD nature is what makes good collectors. We all make mistakes, but if you can harness these "powers" you will learn faster and gain more knowledge quicker....
    Prost!

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    I accually wondered about these SA SPORTS armband... So thanks for the corerct information.
    As far as I remember this was once explained (by me in 2015) in the one or the other thread and worn in fact by SA-Wehrmannschaft-Gemeinschaft.
    My friend Laurens once revealed a photograph of such armband worn when civil was worn! I did include the photo with my explanation.......
    (see for thread: question SA-armband)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast