Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help in identifing this item. Tie clasp?

Article about: I hope I selected the correct sub forum for this item. About 8 years ago I was at an estate auction for a gentleman who had served in WWII. I purchased, as a group, his 1943 P-38, 1944 P-38

70gtvert
    ?

Default Help in identifing this item. Tie clasp?

I hope I selected the correct sub forum for this item. About 8 years ago I was at an estate auction for a gentleman who had served in WWII. I purchased, as a group, his 1943 P-38, 1944 P-38 soft shell holster and this tiny item which I think is a tie clasp but I've not found another like it. I seems to be bronze mounted on chrome. Very crisp detail on the eagle with sharp oak leaves, head, just everything which to me makes it likely to not be a fake as most fake items I've seen from items of any era tend to be softer on detail then originals. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and by the way, new here!Help in identifing this item. Tie clasp?Help in identifing this item. Tie clasp?Help in identifing this item. Tie clasp?Help in identifing this item. Tie clasp?

2. # ADS

This is a post war fantasy creation connection a SA kepi eagle to the clasp. Anything created with a political connection would have to be inspected and approved by the Reichszugmeisterei. If approved, it would be then stamped with a RZ makers identification code. Sorry but this is not a period piece.
    Welcome to the Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Certainly appears to be a tie pin.

However Silver in German is Silber and I'm far from a tie pin guru but the rear looks far too modern and clean.

My tuppence hath been presented!

70gtvert
    ?

So, is it an authentic eagle on a modern tie clasp or is the whole thing a fantasy item. As I noted earlier I've come across fakes where the detail is obviously soft as they just don't go to the expense of trying to duplicate the crispness of the item. I did noticed the incorrect spelling of silver too but being written as SILVER.F I thought that perhaps it was produced in one of the country's overrun by Germany as so many other things were. Hence my post.

The eagle appears to be of the period but without a picture of the reverse which is blocked by the clasp, that is not possible.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Quote by 70gtvert View Post
    ..... I've come across fakes where the detail is obviously soft as they just don't go to the expense of trying to duplicate the crispness of the item.....
    Welcome to the Forum.

To be sure, these days fakers DO go to the expense of trying to duplicate the crispness of an item...better and better fakes come out all the time. These are dangerous waters.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Totally fake!.....