Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Help with originality!

Article about: Can someone with better knowledge then me look at the NSDAP Member badge with a long needle and determine whether it is original or not? I think the badge gives an old, nice and well-made im

Default Help with originality!

Can someone with better knowledge then me look at the NSDAP Member badge with a long needle and determine whether it is original or not? I think the badge gives an old, nice and well-made impression. One critic has pointed out the absence of grooves on the needle. The color is also a bit more towards the orange side compared with more common NSDAP enamel badges, but I have seen this color before in other cases.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with originality!   Help with originality!  

Help with originality!   Help with originality!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with originality!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with originality!

The sunken enamel is also a concern for me. Enamel from the time was of better quality and would not sink in like that IMHO

i dont think this one is a real one, the swastika looks poor made and the stick pin looks wrong and later added

The sunken enamel is also a concern for me.

I have also noticed this sunken enemel, it also have a quite glancy finish but the bage it self gives a very good average impression. It's not a cheap or easy made work all to all. I have seen other needles very much like this in Sweden (other kind of badges), they exists in parallel with a ribbed standar. But thats Sweden and not NSDAP. The needel is also quite thin.

Special features of copies badges where the originals have its needle attached right into the backside (like here), is in many cases that it tends to be attached on a plate instead, because it's too difficult to do it properly.

I don't like the black enamel either, I would have expected better quality. Also, is it common for the red enamel to be opaque opposed to the translucent effect seen on pin back party badges?