Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Help Please! ~ SA Shirt Group

Article about: I have the opportunity to purchase this for around 450.00 GBP/542 EURO/735 USD. Thing is, whilst it looks and feels good to me upon inspection, I have no experience in this field. There is a

Default Help Please! ~ SA Shirt Group

I have the opportunity to purchase this for around 450.00 GBP/542 EURO/735 USD. Thing is, whilst it looks and feels good to me upon inspection, I have no experience in this field. There is an RZM tag under the shoulder board and the cuff buttons and belt hooks are pebbled finish. There is no manufacturers label. The pictures are from the dealer's website and these are the only ones I can get. What does anybody think?

Sellers description:

MOTOR SA SHIRT GROUP NIEDERRHEIN; SA Scharfuhrer shirt ,these units were fully absorbed into the NSKK by the end of 1934, shirt in good used condition some small rust spots to rear ,comes with armband SA sports badge NSKK drivers badge and ribbon bar

Many thanks in anticipation.

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Please! ~ SA Shirt Group   Help Please! ~ SA Shirt Group  

Help Please! ~ SA Shirt Group   Help Please! ~ SA Shirt Group  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Please! ~ SA Shirt Group
    P
    Many

The shoulder strap should have a black underlay, not red. The collar tabs and collar piping in my opinion are added and fake. The bicolor piping appears to be to large. Enlisted rank tabs should not be piped. SA tabs should not have metal numbers but chain stitched. Here is an example of genuine piping on a Gruppe Hochland Motor SA brownshirt. The price is also quite low for a genuine shirt.Help Please! ~ SA Shirt GroupHelp Please! ~ SA Shirt GroupHelp Please! ~ SA Shirt Group
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

That is a nice Hochland Hemd Bob!

Regards, Lars

Thanks, Bob, for an early response. I respect your judgement and, whilst I would be interested to learn more about these shirts by means of further comments from Forum members, I shall not be purchasing this item.

Regards

Martin

Quote by Salzburg View Post
    Thanks, Bob, for an early response. I respect your judgement and, whilst I would be interested to learn more about these shirts by means of further comments from Forum members, I shall not be purchasing this item.

Regards

Martin
    If you are interested in collecting SA brown shirts, familiarize yourself with the complex world of SA insignia as worn by the different Gruppe. As excellent reference is "Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA" by John Angolia. The book was published by Roger Bender in 1985. Used copies can still be found. The metal collar tab devices were never used on SA collar tabs. Whoever is selling this shirt is either quite ignorant or an out and out thief.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks Bob. I'll take your advice and make that book my next purchase!

Regards

Martin

I have the book and it's a great reference! You can't go wrong with it. Very informative