Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

HELP Please w/Admin.Shoulder board...

Article about: Hello everyone, I have this shoulder(posted bfore w/liscense plate tag..) Board that i now is administration but of what rank.Green wool backing seperated by black liner silver thread on top

Default HELP Please w/Admin.Shoulder board...

Hello everyone,
    I have this shoulder(posted bfore w/liscense plate tag..) Board that i now is administration but of what rank.Green wool backing seperated by black liner silver thread on top w/thin green piping around metal insignia...Any help/info./input on item will be greatly appreceiated,THANK YOU !HELP Please w/Admin.Shoulder board...HELP Please w/Admin.Shoulder board...HELP Please w/Admin.Shoulder board...HELP Please w/Admin.Shoulder board...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP Please w/Admin.Shoulder board...
    P
    Many

Default Re: HELP Please w/Admin.Shoulder board...

The black secondary color was worn by a variety of technical officials as occupied in areas such as engineering, construction, maintenance, armament, arsenals, technical training etc.

Rank is equivalent to an Oberleutnant, but the actual designation depended on the official's exact occupational specialty and cannot be told from the shoulder board alone.

Examples of rank designations for officials who would have worn these boards are Technischer Inspektor, Technischer Regierungsinspektor, Regierungsbauinspektor, Waffenrevisor, Heereswerkstättenvorsteher, Heeresfachlehrer...

Thank you so much,Your info. Help's very much...Do you think it a possibility that the person who wore this board was the same who's NSDAP liscense plate tag i have? They were gotten together(i know that doesn't really mean much),Again thank you for information!

Quote by derwood58 View Post
    Thank you so much,Your info. Help's very much...Do you think it a possibility that the person who wore this board was the same who's NSDAP liscense plate tag i have? They were gotten together(i know that doesn't really mean much),Again thank you for information!
    Actually, the tag has no NSDAP connection of any kind; it is simply a "DMV tag".

The "brothers" of this particular disc would have been found on the license plates of all motor vehicles registered in the Würzburg county ("Der Landrat des Kreises Würzburg" = "The Chief Executive of the Würzburg County").
    These aluminum tags were introduced in the early 1940s; prior - and parallel - to that, stamps of waterproof red ink or wax seals were used. (For some examples see: Kennzeichenwelt.de )

Of course it is theoretically possible that it belonged to the shoulder board's original owner, but there is absolutely no way to tell whether this was the case or not.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 03-31-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Again Thank you for your information..Well taken.Sincerely,
    Darrin,AKA,derwood58.