Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler 50th Birthday plaque

Article about: guys i got this n a lot of items, i took the lot on a trade. so i need to have this plaque/table disc looked at, verified and valued.... it is very heavy, somewhat large, very detailed and k

Default Hitler 50th Birthday plaque

guys i got this n a lot of items, i took the lot on a trade. so i need to have this plaque/table disc looked at, verified and valued.... it is very heavy, somewhat large, very detailed and know its for hitlers 50th bday... bt i am unsure of it. as i havent seen one before. the guy i got it from says guys used to throw cash at him trying to buy it . ive done alot of digging around, i can only find one similar on german international. madeby the same maker... but bronze and a price tag of $1,800... - not saying any certain individual would pay that much for a bronze disc. but the guy who i have worked the deal out with has only seen the one on g.i.com... & that one is 1,800. i do not know if this disc should be held in such a high regard ...nor the other one... 'price wise'

so guys please help me figure out exactly what it is and what its value is so i can complete the trade deal and learn somethin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler 50th Birthday plaque   Hitler 50th Birthday plaque  

Hitler 50th Birthday plaque   Hitler 50th Birthday plaque  

Hitler 50th Birthday plaque  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler 50th Birthday plaque
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler 50th Birthday plaque

I cannot comment on the item as such, but the inscription on the reverse translates as:

"Dedicated on the occasion of 20 April 1939 to the Nuremburg school youth by the Lord Mayor of the City of the Reichs Party Days"

("Stadt der Reichsparteitage" = "City of the Reichs Party Days" was the honor title given to the city of Nuremberg.)

thank you so very much for the translation,

There were many commercial products made to commemorate Hitler's 50th birhday A price of $1800.00 for one of hese is insane. Many years ago, an antique dealer advertised the Adolf Hitler cigarette photo album in an antique newspape for $2,000.00! At the time, you were lucky to get $20-$25 for one of these. The uninformed who had one thought they had a great treasure. I ran in to a fellow who had read that evaluation and spent over $1,000 on a custom made display case for his. Items such as this table medal are difficult to sell and do not command much.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

thank you guys for the info it really helps sometimes it can make or break me. thank you bob , im sure there were a ton of commercial products and i guess that makes it abit hard to value.
    what about the KSE mark ? the trader told me he is a famous maker etc... can i get a ballpark estimate ?

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    what about the KSE mark ? the trader told me he is a famous maker etc... can i get a ballpark estimate ?
    The "K.S.E." would not be a maker's mark as such, but the designer's monogram.

I am not an expert on such marks, but it may very well stand for Prof. Kurt Schmid-Ehmen (1901 - 1968), a German sculptor who is considered the designer of the Third-Reich era Reichsadler.

Among many other official works, he created the memorial for the fallen of 9 Nov. 1923 by the Feldherrnhalle and the huge national eagles used on the Reichs Party Day Grounds at Nuremberg, on the Party buildings at Munich and on the German pavillion at the 1937 world exhibition.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-28-2012 at 09:33 AM.

wow, good to see you can explain the monogram to me. the trader said it was Kurt Schmid Ehmen.. but anyone can say anything they like so its best to get a better look into the item. sounds neat that he was a great artist, i hope to learn more upon researching him and this item. thank you really for all the help. its a very nice detailed piece. i am paranoid to display it as if i may break it :/