MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items?

Article about: Hello, I know very little regarding HJ except the basics. No experience with HJ regalia. It seems to me there was a push for the Landjahr, but it was not meet with huge success. This account

Luther
    ?

Default HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items?

Hello,

I know very little regarding HJ except the basics. No experience with HJ regalia.

It seems to me there was a push for the Landjahr, but it was not meet with huge success. This accounts for the rarity of Landjahr items?

But are Landjahr items really that rare, to justify the prices for membership books (90 Euro) and patch (175 Euro), as compared to HJ-Flieger (DLV, NSFK) or HJ-Marine?

Thanks

2. # ADS

Default Re: HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items?

Hi Luther

I dont think Landjahr is any rarer or more collectable.

This patch is on route to me - cost $175

If you would like to learn more info on the Hitler Youth, click this link Hitler Youth Forum - HJ DJ BDM and JM - The Front Page

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items?  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Some Landjahr items are not exactly what I would consider rare, but more "difficult" to find than other branches of the HJ. One example is shoulder straps. The tan background second pattern straps from 1934 period can be found on several dealer sites right now in singles and pairs. Try finding a post 1938 black background set or a first pattern with the "Munchen" style L and they are scarce. The green background triangle can also be found on several sites, but look for the first pattern black background with yellow or white lettering triangle that was used for a few months in 1934 and you will search for a long time before one comes up.

I find Flieger and Marine HJ items a lot more plenfiful than Landjahr.

Examples: Tan background second pattern easy to find. Black background a little more difficult to find, mostly find singles for sale, pairs seem more scarce.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items?   HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items?  

Attached Images Attached Images HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items? 

?

I agree with Nick and Darin.

Probably the most scarce Landjahr item is the early pattern black background triangle that was used for a few months in 1934. There were male and female versions. This BDM version was sold by Wietze and now belongs to an HJ collector in France.
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items? 

It is an old thread but i can find any info about this and the black landjahr triangle was only mentioned here that i could find. Any idea of the value of it. I have one and i will consider selling it
    thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items?   HJ - Landjahr - How Rare really ARE Items?  

Quote by germanmedals View Post
    It is an old thread but i can find any info about this and the black landjahr triangle was only mentioned here that i could find. Any idea of the value of it. I have one and i will consider selling it
    thanks
    We do not do evaluations and if you wish to sell it, you can do so in the Classifieds section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Where is that?

Quote by germanmedals View Post
    Where is that?
    Here is a link to the main page.
    Third Reich militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

So if i post it here, i can ask for opinion of value? Strange method, but OK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast