Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Holocaust armbands... Real or Fake?

Article about: those prisoners hated an arm band and burned as soon as they could, there was no market for it at the end of the war

Default Holocaust armbands... Real or Fake?

I've bought these two armbands and recently found out i was tricked. Prisoners didn't wear armbands on their cuffs but they had their badges sewed on their jackets. What information can you pass me about this issue?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holocaust armbands... Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Holocaust armbands... Real or Fake?

Eastern European fakes, from the looks of them. The flood of the KZ fakes from there is getting to be the bane of the collecting world. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Mike, I wished you had asked before you had bought...

Fantasy rubbish made in Eastern Europe.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks guys! I just lost $250... I'm never going to buy again before asking here!

A hard lesson....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I would press hard for a refund if I were you. If you paid via a credit card, do a charge back.

Cheers, Ade.

it's been a long time since i bought them! i found the seller on eBay though and i'm going to report his profile again and again!

?

That is bad news about the loss of your money, as was already said above, try for a refund. In future, unless you are absolutely sure that an item is genuine, put it on the forum. Most items are able to be confirmed here due to the extensive expertise available.

Now, regarding the armbands etc...

One point that is very often overlooked by people who are interested in purchasing holocaust related material is this, at the time of liberation, i.e. the concentration camp in question, almost every item of clothing was destroyed. Lice and disease was rife and the destruction of these filthy, disease ridden rags was high on the allies priority list. In most camps, vast stores of clothing was on hand to replace the prisoner's uniforms so not many will have made the long journey back home wearing striped pyjamas! People don't realise that fact when they see these old pieces of cloth, that are so easy to fake, being offered for "just" a few hundred dollars/pounds/euros. It is a sad fact in this hobby, that many cheaters out there will not care that they are abusing the memory of the many millions of people who were killed in the holocaust, just for the sake of a payday. Sick. No other word for it. Genuine, authenticated holocaust items are very rare. I have acquired several during the past few years, and believe me, they are very hard to find. Even the memorial museums at the sites of former Nazi concentration camps have congratulated me on acquiring some of the pieces, so that in itself is an indication of how rare the articles are. As a rule, be very careful when considering any item related to the holocaust. Almost everything out there is fake.

I hope that you can obtain a refund for the items that you bought, and I wish you good luck!

Regards,

Carl

i just contacted with the seller and he agreed for an exchange between the items and my money! I'm so happy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast