MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Holocaust Patch

Article about: My father picked up this Holocaust patch about 9 years ago from a dealer of WW1 and WW2 items at a gun show who was selling some of his collection, and said it was authentic. He said he thin

?

Default Holocaust Patch

My father picked up this Holocaust patch about 9 years ago from a dealer of WW1 and WW2 items at a gun show who was selling some of his collection, and said it was authentic.

He said he thinks he paid $100 at the time, maybe more, he didn't remember. He's always wondered if it was truly real or not.

I did some research and it seems to be a patch from a Jehovah's Witness of Jewish descent.

Anyone got an idea?

The back seems to have been glued to something in its past.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holocaust Patch   Holocaust Patch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holocaust Patch
    P
    Many

Holocaust Memorabilia is a Faker's Disneyworld, especially these stars...This looks like a one-piece custom-made patch, unlike the typical crude 2-piece assembly of two different color triangles arranged into the star of David...in other words, it's too well made...
    Personally, I do not believe this to be an original piece...at best a patch created for a former inmate postwar, as seen worn during Holocaust Remembrance Ceremonies...
    cheers, Glenn

What Glenn said. It's not genuine.

As the chaps have said , this one is definitely not an original piece, it's much to well made and I have never seen one with a backing cloth! Leon.

The construction is not what one would expect to see on a genuine period piece. I do not collect this type of material so I can not furnish an illustration of a genuine star.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It's older, but not Third Reich era. I've had or examined many such pieces over the years and I have yet to see an "original" of this kind...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Nothing like the few real ones that I have handled.