Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: How do you approach displaying your pieces? (flags, uniforms, etc.)

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't usually show people, or display it.

12 12.63%
  • I don't display it, but will show people I know will understand. and find it interesting

22 23.16%
  • I display it, but only in an office or back room.

38 40.00%
  • I display my stuff proudly for all to see.

23 24.21%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

How do people react when they see your Nazi displays?

Article about: I stopped caring for other peoples opinions a long time ago. The only people that see my collection are my family members anyway, but I don't see a reason to hide my items if someone else co

Quote by DougB View Post
    I display historical artifacts in a tasteful manner which promotes questions on the era and the history in which they were used.
    That sums up the whole thread
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do people react when they see your Nazi displays?
    P
    Many

?

Thumbs up

I don't display any of my WW 2 German collection where house guests can see it for one simple reason - I have a bedroom dedicated to that sole purpose. Shall we call it my "in house" museum. Unfortunately the collection has long since out grown the available space and things are stacke/piled up where much is not visable.
    Those who are friends/collectors and guests in my house get to go in and look around to their hearts content. No one else has any need to know it is there!
    What is on my living room wall is some of my Viet Nam stuff.
    Sarge

I have a nice office in the back of the house, interested people are welcome to view it and many do. People are more puzzled by the odour than the items - I am more concerned about loose lips making a brek in possible. I collect British and Canadian pre -45 only, so no worries about perceptions of displaying the 'baddies' stuff: 'Are we the Baddies?' Mitchell and Webb Funny Nazi Scetch - YouTube

Well, I don't consider mine a Nazi display. I consider it a German Third Reich era display, and that's how I explain it. The items I do display are not dominated by the German items. I also have US and Japanese items to show that there was more to WWII. The items I like to display are vet bring backs that were handed down to me from my great uncle (US Army-ETO) and uncle (US Navy-Pacific) If people come in and find the history interesting, then I show them the other stuff that I've collected over the years. My wife calls it my little museum, and it is!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11