Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: How do you approach displaying your pieces? (flags, uniforms, etc.)

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't usually show people, or display it.

12 12.63%
  • I don't display it, but will show people I know will understand. and find it interesting

22 23.16%
  • I display it, but only in an office or back room.

38 40.00%
  • I display my stuff proudly for all to see.

23 24.21%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

How do people react when they see your Nazi displays?

Article about: I stopped caring for other peoples opinions a long time ago. The only people that see my collection are my family members anyway, but I don't see a reason to hide my items if someone else co

?

Having a flag displayed unless it was something like a Luftwaffe standard or the sort Wouldn't be for me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do people react when they see your Nazi displays?
    P
    Many

?

Very accurately put!!!! (Post #9)

You can always say that they're your grandfather's hard-earned war-trophies...That works very well, enabling you to tell the most fascinating stories about the time your heroic grandfather fought hand-to-hand against an SS General and took the flag from his dying hands...Use your creativity, man...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Hello,
    I keep a small display in my home, but I will not display a Nazi flag or banner (I have always been that way), it even turns me off when I see them displayed out in the open. Now as a Social Studies teacher I do several displays a year at my school and at the high school. I do a US display for Veteran's Day, for 7th Grade I do a Civil War display and a WWI display and for 8th grade I do a WWII display and a Cold War Display. For the high school I usually do a WWII display. So people know I collect, but they also know I just don't collect Nazi stuff.

My son even does small displays for his grade. This Fall my son and I will be on the AZ version of the Antiques Road Show with some of our things (mainly autographs).

Jody

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello,
    I keep a small display in my home, but I will not display a Nazi flag or banner (I have always been that way), it even turns me off when I see them displayed out in the open. Now as a Social Studies teacher I do several displays a year at my school and at the high school. I do a US display for Veteran's Day, for 7th Grade I do a Civil War display and a WWI display and for 8th grade I do a WWII display and a Cold War Display. For the high school I usually do a WWII display. So people know I collect, but they also know I just don't collect Nazi stuff.

My son even does small displays for his grade. This Fall my son and I will be on the AZ version of the Antiques Road Show with some of our things (mainly autographs).

Jody
    Dang...was hoping to see some more of your great collection on Antiques Road Show!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I only have visitors who know me personally. In the 1960's, many vets displayed their German war souvenirs proudly in their places of business. My first gray SS officer visor cap came out of the front window of a hardware store on the south side of Chicago. It is a recent phenomena that has placed a stigma on this material likely due to the use of swastika insignia by white power and skin head groups. We of course know that these type could never afford to have a real collection.
    My only concern was when I had a dear friend visit and saw my collection room. He is Jewish and his father and mother were both survivors. Knowing me for a long time, he and his wife had no ill feelings towards me or my collection and found it historicaly interesting. I do not believe in, endorse or promote anything that was endorsed by the 3rd Reich. For anyone who would take a negative view of myself for part of what I collect, they are not friends and their opinion to me carries no merit.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

If anything WW2 German at work!?! display a nice set of binoculars or something on those lines!

I keep my collection like my weapons, near me at all times and if anyone tries to take it.....

I only talk about two things swords and history, everyone I know would understand I'm a collector. (The only people who ask "are you a Nazi" usually have a lower IQ, trust me, my Global Issues classmates didn't know what the C.C.C.P. was). I also should mention I have already given up on humanity.

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello,

Jody
    You would love it here, I got a big 4 x 4 in my office over the computer station. No big deal but cant say I would put one in a real office where people would see it. Cable guy was here last week and I thought the equipment was going downstairs so he got a surprise as the equipment came upstairs. If you cant display it whats the point. I just told him that I collect and trade but it is a bit large and bold.

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    You would love it here, I got a big 4 x 4 in my office over the computer station. No big deal but cant say I would put one in a real office where people would see it. Cable guy was here last week and I thought the equipment was going downstairs so he got a surprise as the equipment came upstairs. If you cant display it whats the point. I just told him that I collect and trade but it is a bit large and bold.
    Hello,
    We all collect for different reason, for example I have a most of my medals and badges in safety deposit boxes (Some I look at maybe once a year-but I do not have the need to display them). I do have some Nazi flags (I show them in the classroom and when I do displays), I just choose not to hang one on my wall.

Regards,
    Jody

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast